• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nobody needs a gun at VCU, right?

Flippercon

It is a shame they do not see guns as protection. I wonder anyone is switching schools becuase of this? That could hurt any school pretty bad.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It is a shame they do not see guns as protection. I wonder anyone is switching schools becuase of this? That could hurt any school pretty bad.

The question would be "where do you go instead?" The public schools of Utah must allow students to carry and I think a few other states have provisions for their students to carry in state schools, but the options are limited right now.

Flippercon

That's a good question. I imagine Utah has less gun crime compared to the rest. I am sure there are plenty who want to leave because of this but the options are limited. Sucks to be between a rock and a hard place.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That's a good question. I imagine Utah has less gun crime compared to the rest. I am sure there are plenty who want to leave because of this but the options are limited. Sucks to be between a rock and a hard place.

Colorado state and U of Colorado. Forget which is which, but the one that banned handguns (till the recent court decision that corrected their foolishness) had a major increase in crimes while the one that allowed handguns saw crime take a significant nose dive.

Go figure! Whodathunkit?

But colleges/universities are run by people with letters after their names proving that they know how to think. Too bad those letters do not, instead, indicate they know how to think rationally.

stay safe.

Red Dawg

If you really want an alternative, and want to have your gun on your side......Online college. People have been doing it for years. Up through MAsters programs...AND CASTLE DOCTRINE WILL APPLY...