• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Coral Springs LEOs under investigation for making false statements-traffic stop

sawah

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/27/v-fullstory/2717756/broward-driver-busted-by-cops.html

Yep, it's them 90% 'good cops' with clean records. Unfortunately, the GEICO rep was on the phone which was dropped on the floor of the lady's SUV. The female LEO had a bad case of over-entitlement and potty mouth. I hope they hang them out to dry, and pull their badges. Lying under oath is a deal-breaker, or should be, imo.

LEOs everywhere need to know they're being recorded and should be acting lawfully even if they are felons in sheep's clothing in attitude. To do otherwise is just stupid for someone who values their job and the accompanying authority.

ManInBlack

Yep...just the 95% of bad apples making the other 5% look bad. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

It really makes you wonder how often we would hear about these sorts of incidents if audio/visual recording was not an available technology. After all, I've yet to see a cop turn in a colleague for abusing his shiny piece of government-issued costume jewelry, and if a citizen complaint is not corroborated by audio/visual recording, the police union/media/sheeple universally agree that the citizen was uncooperative (as if there is a duty to cooperate) and combative.