Thread: They are lucky I was closeing my account

Thumbs down They are lucky I was closeing my account

I'm eating at Beijing now after comin from my former bank, the Bank of Franklin County, in Washington. I set up a free checking account with them a few months back solely for getting my taxes back quicker. As I went in today to withdraw my remaining funds and close the account a teller, who's name i'm pretty sure was zoann, said to me "Vincent i'm sure you have all the proper permits and everything but you not allowed to that firearm in here.". To which I replied "Thats okay i'm closing my account anyway this will be the last time you see me in here. Is that your company policy or something?". She said "No it's and across the board policy for banks." To which I replied "There is no federal or state law that prohibits the carry if a weapon into a bank."
    All the tellers just randomly started shaking there heads in disagreement as one counted the rest of my money out to me. I told them to go to opencarry.org for more legal info on the subject and left.

Having worked in banking, and currently working at a bank, I can tell you that that's a sadly common misconception among bank employees and owners. I've done what I can to change it in my branch, but it's a tough one to overcome.

Sounds like you handled it well though.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I walk into Jefferson Bank OC'ing all the time and they say nothing. I'm blessed .

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    I walk into Jefferson Bank OC'ing all the time and they say nothing. I'm blessed .
    I was out to JC town today.... a quick trip, sorry I didn't have time to chat. There was a Senate hearing today on that "License plate that needs a snake on it"...... May happen!

There is a plate now, but it lacks the "snake". Might be able to fix that!
    Last edited by mspgunner; 03-28-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added the fix'n part
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

We just recently got CC in banks here in NC. You were able to OC, but no CC. I'm just glad I will be moving to Missouri soon.

Speaking of banks. Does anyone have any experience with Missouri Credit Union or United Credit Union in Columbia/Jeff City? I am considering one of the two after my move in May.

The bank that my account is at has one of the "No Guns" signs on the front door,
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    The bank that my account is at has one of the "No Guns" signs on the front door,
    Time to change banks, and be sure to tell them why,

I have accounts at two different banks and none of the branches of either bank that I have ever been in are posted. Sounds like the folks at the bank referred to in the OP were subject to some improper training.