• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

weebus

hi all new member just wondering if anyone else is doing open carry in salisbury nc my wife is makein me nervous about it

ArmySoldier22

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Not sure if anybody is up there in salisbury with you, however there's quite a few of us just a very short trip to the south. You should look at our Charlotte/Concord area meet thread that's stickied at the top and come out for our next meet. Seeing a bunch of us carrying should put her at ease a little. Or make her even more nervous, whichever way it goes lol.

weebus

open carry salisbury

i work in charlotte so i open carry at work. in my jeep i have my glock on the dash but in my civic i have it on the seat. is this the best legal spots if i get pulled over or in one of the many accidents on 85. btw i want to make the meeting. where is it?

aosailor

hi all new member just wondering if anyone else is doing open carry in salisbury nc my wife is makein me nervous about it

I live in mooresville but grew up in Rowan Co, all my friends live out in the Salisbury area. I OC out that way most of the time I go. Granted I usually end up at Tabu or Benchwarmers, so that usually ends my OCing for the day.

never had an issue, you shoud be good out that way Carry on!

cap-n-ball

Welcome. I open carry about all the time when I go to the Wilco at Airport Road-Rt29. Plus I always open carry when I go into Pops on 601, have some hunting land leased near there. I'm not hard to spot, normally have a Remington .44 cap and ball pistol hanging on my left hip crossdraw fashion. I hardly ever go into Salisbury any more without it in the car. Haven't tried Wally World yet because most of them normally freak at the sound of someone talking about a gun, same with FoodLion. And I almost always open carry whenever I get down to Rockwell, haven't had any problems there at all. Yet anyway.