Thread: Northern VA meetups?

Northern VA meetups?

Hey all, I'm newer to the threads, and I'm a CCer who's looking to start doing some open carrying. I did it once on my motorcycle, a while ago, but am looking into doing it more and thought it would be nice to break into it by meeting others in my area who do. Is there anyone on here from the Arlington/fairfax/alexandria areas?

Thanks

Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot.

I am from Springfield. I have been open carrying all over Northern Virginia for the last four years without incident. We have events pretty frequently and they are usually posted as stickys at the top of the Virginia sub-forum. And as aleays you can start your own event. Just pick a place and a time, post it here, and people will show up.

Good to hear that you want to start open carrying. If you would like to meet up for a quick lunch before the next event, PM me and we can set something up.

In addition you should check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League. It is a great group dedicated to gun rights in VA. If you go to their website you can sign up for VA-ALERT (on the right side of the page) which is a free email system that will keep you informed about everything gun-related going on in the state. The website is http://www.vcdl.org
    Last edited by thebigsd; 03-28-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

welcome to ocdo va and to oc'ing!

have a look at this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Carry-in-NoVA for ongoing accounts of nova oc stories and successes/challenges. post in the thread and i'm sure you'll be welcomed.

also have a look at: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...le-3-27-12-7PM for an account of the last nova oc dinner. keep a look-out for posts of upcoming events. these dinners and the other get-togethers are the best opportunities to learn and share experiences with others of like mind.

cheers!
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

Also if you are on Facebook we have pages there as well. Virginia Open Carry and Virginia Citizens Defense League. We post alit of get togethers (and raffles for guns!) over there on FB.

Welcome! My father took some time to convert from CC to OC, check out this essay on OC it will help your thought process along.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...-argument.html

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    we have breakfast every sunday at 0900 in ashburn too.. http://tiny.cc/novabreakfast
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

The OP hasn't been back at all...perhaps we were too friendly??

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    The OP hasn't been back at all...perhaps we were too friendly??
    Wait until he does not show up for the breakfast club on Saturday, and then does not post on Monday why he could not make it. Then you can become paranoid.

I wonder if a bunch of folks with handguns on their hips, a smile on their face, and a welcoming attitude really comes across to some folks as a little too much. (Please discount antis, who seem to get their knickers twisted just thinking about the fact that we have guns and they do not.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Wait until he does not show up for the breakfast club on Saturday, and then does not post on Monday why he could not make it. Then you can become paranoid.

I wonder if a bunch of folks with handguns on their hips, a smile on their face, and a welcoming attitude really comes across to some folks as a little too much. (Please discount antis, who seem to get their knickers twisted just thinking about the fact that we have guns and they do not.)

stay safe.
    Okay Skid, may we now pass judgement?

I really hate typing long and helpful posts on my phone and then the person never comes back..........
    Last edited by thebigsd; 04-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Never mind him...

I happened to be filing papers in Fairfax Circuit Court this morning, and had brought the dog along ... went back to Fauquier by way of the bridge at Old Yates Ford Road, and stopped off at Fountainhead Park on the way so's me and the dog could get some exercise. I was thinking, hey, no admission fee, reservable picnic areas, accessible from NoVa, Loudoun, Fauquier, and PrWm ...

If I were to promise not to put too much vinegar in the beans this time, I wonder if I could persuade folks to set up a picnic there, perhaps late June (after the graduations and stuff)?
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Never mind him...

I happened to be filing papers in Fairfax Circuit Court this morning, and had brought the dog along ... went back to Fauquier by way of the bridge at Old Yates Ford Road, and stopped off at Fountainhead Park on the way so's me and the dog could get some exercise. I was thinking, hey, no admission fee, reservable picnic areas, accessible from NoVa, Loudoun, Fauquier, and PrWm ...

If I were to promise not to put too much vinegar in the beans this time, I wonder if I could persuade folks to set up a picnic there, perhaps late June (after the graduations and stuff)?
    I would be game for a picnic there. Fountainhead is a great park!