• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Northern VA meetups?

jdamon

Hey all, I'm newer to the threads, and I'm a CCer who's looking to start doing some open carrying. I did it once on my motorcycle, a while ago, but am looking into doing it more and thought it would be nice to break into it by meeting others in my area who do. Is there anyone on here from the Arlington/fairfax/alexandria areas?

Thanks

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot.

I am from Springfield. I have been open carrying all over Northern Virginia for the last four years without incident. We have events pretty frequently and they are usually posted as stickys at the top of the Virginia sub-forum. And as aleays you can start your own event. Just pick a place and a time, post it here, and people will show up.

Good to hear that you want to start open carrying. If you would like to meet up for a quick lunch before the next event, PM me and we can set something up.

In addition you should check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League. It is a great group dedicated to gun rights in VA. If you go to their website you can sign up for VA-ALERT (on the right side of the page) which is a free email system that will keep you informed about everything gun-related going on in the state. The website is http://www.vcdl.org

Last edited:

mk4

welcome to ocdo va and to oc'ing!

have a look at this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?38118-Open-Carry-in-NoVA for ongoing accounts of nova oc stories and successes/challenges. post in the thread and i'm sure you'll be welcomed.

also have a look at: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rry-Dinner-Leesburg-Greene-Turtle-3-27-12-7PM for an account of the last nova oc dinner. keep a look-out for posts of upcoming events. these dinners and the other get-togethers are the best opportunities to learn and share experiences with others of like mind.

cheers!

Baked on Grease

Also if you are on Facebook we have pages there as well. Virginia Open Carry and Virginia Citizens Defense League. We post alit of get togethers (and raffles for guns!) over there on FB.

Welcome! My father took some time to convert from CC to OC, check out this essay on OC it will help your thought process along.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-carry-discussion/7230-open-carry-argument.html

Sent using tapatalk

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The OP hasn't been back at all...perhaps we were too friendly?? :D

Wait until he does not show up for the breakfast club on Saturday, and then does not post on Monday why he could not make it. Then you can become paranoid.:uhoh:

I wonder if a bunch of folks with handguns on their hips, a smile on their face, and a welcoming attitude really comes across to some folks as a little too much. (Please discount antis, who seem to get their knickers twisted just thinking about the fact that we have guns and they do not.)

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wait until he does not show up for the breakfast club on Saturday, and then does not post on Monday why he could not make it. Then you can become paranoid.:uhoh:

I wonder if a bunch of folks with handguns on their hips, a smile on their face, and a welcoming attitude really comes across to some folks as a little too much. (Please discount antis, who seem to get their knickers twisted just thinking about the fact that we have guns and they do not.)

stay safe.

Okay Skid, may we now pass judgement?

I really hate typing long and helpful posts on my phone and then the person never comes back..........

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Never mind him...

I happened to be filing papers in Fairfax Circuit Court this morning, and had brought the dog along ... went back to Fauquier by way of the bridge at Old Yates Ford Road, and stopped off at Fountainhead Park on the way so's me and the dog could get some exercise. I was thinking, hey, no admission fee, reservable picnic areas, accessible from NoVa, Loudoun, Fauquier, and PrWm ...

If I were to promise not to put too much vinegar in the beans this time, I wonder if I could persuade folks to set up a picnic there, perhaps late June (after the graduations and stuff)?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Never mind him...

I happened to be filing papers in Fairfax Circuit Court this morning, and had brought the dog along ... went back to Fauquier by way of the bridge at Old Yates Ford Road, and stopped off at Fountainhead Park on the way so's me and the dog could get some exercise. I was thinking, hey, no admission fee, reservable picnic areas, accessible from NoVa, Loudoun, Fauquier, and PrWm ...

If I were to promise not to put too much vinegar in the beans this time, I wonder if I could persuade folks to set up a picnic there, perhaps late June (after the graduations and stuff)?

I would be game for a picnic there. Fountainhead is a great park!