Thread: Hmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmm

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/here...-carry-pistol/

A 2 shooter with 2 extra rounds. I am not sure about this but... experts out there please tell me.

I was looking at these a little while back. It's basically a two-shot derringer. Before I would invest in it, I would like to learn a lot more about it from actual users considering that it's a new company and this is their only product. Personally, I think the price is rather high as well.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    This looks like a backup gun for your backup gun.... With a 3" barrel, I sure wouldn't want to bleed off any more energy with the ported version. Waiting for an independent range report.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

wellllll..... once upon a time a 2-shot derringer style gun made sense as a back up gun. That time was back when the common carry pistol was a single-action revolver.

Nowadays, with small .380 and 9mm semi-autos available that are smaller and lighter than this 2-shot .45, I'd assign it to the "novelty" box. It seems a bit like an upgrade of the WW II "liberator" pistol.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

one thing over a true derringer, it has a trigger guard...I never liked the idea of an open trigger. I'll bet it a handful in .45.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    they showed this handgun on one of the gun shows i watch like tac tv or guns and ammo it pack a heck of a recoil by looks of them firing it
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    one thing over a true derringer, it has a trigger guard...I never liked the idea of an open trigger. I'll bet it a handful in .45.
    The trigger pull on derringers is, well, verrry heavy (as is pulling the hammer back.) And I imagine it is a strong recoil in .45 I have a .38 special derringer and it has a fairly stout kick. Bond Arms makes derringers that take .357 Magnum and even 10mm Auto. So if .45 isn't enough handful for you try one of those! They discontinued the .44 magnum model!
    A. Gold

Last edited by Captain Nemo; 03-29-2012 at 09:26 AM.

This video might be interesting to some of you gals out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBP...eature=related

Looks like a solution in search of a problem. 6or 7 rounds of 9mm in a modern ultra-compact are going to get you farther, faster, than 2 rounds of .45 with a reload before you can use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    Looks like a solution in search of a problem. 6or 7 rounds of 9mm in a modern ultra-compact are going to get you farther, faster, than 2 rounds of .45 with a reload before you can use it again.
    +1

My LCP is so easy to conceal. It's not my primary CCW but it's a good back up, or primary choice when wearing dress clothing, etc.... 6+1 rounds, easy to reload another magazine, etc...

much like a liberator maybe they could just call it liberator II so if the original liberator in 1944 was $2.50 complete in box with 5 rounds and a wooden dowel to knock the spent brass out of the barrel , with inflation this should be about 35 to 40 dollars and it holds 2 rounds not 1 so maybe 80

i think it falls under novelty also and an expensive novelty at that

6+1 of .380 or 7+1 of 9mm sure makes a lot more sense when you can get it for 250.00 to 400.00 and they want 400-700 for this

A WWII Lberator in good condition with user manual and wooden ejection rod will run upwards of $3000 on the collector market.

Great

Thanks for the info. I'll read all the posts and digest the info. Since I am a novice I really appreciate all your advice. I would like to thank Gabe Gutenberger for the CC class at Midwest firearms in Baldwin. What an instructor!! I sent for my CCL and am waiting.

I did decide on a Tautus Raging Bull. It is multi purpose since I don't have the dough to collect too many guns like you all out there with the dough. If I am wrong in this choice please let me know.

Nothing wrong with a Raging Bull, A Taurus Judge, A 1911. They are all fine firearms. However, think about carrying a three pound firearm around all day. Getting in and out of a vehicle. Quick access while in a vehicle. Managing to keep it concealed ( I realize that isn't a problem in Wisconsin but it can be when traveling to other states). You best have a sturdy belt or a good pair of suspenders. Some conceal carry people buy the large guns and end up leaving them at home because of the inconvienience. They aren't much use there when you are out and about. No question that the above guns are fine home defense weapons, but body carry isn't an issue at home. Guns are like vehicles. Some people won't settle for any thing less than a F350 deisel Super Duty Crew Cab others are fine with a Focus. They both get you from point A to point B. When choosing a concealed carry firearm when money is tight and the weapon must be multi-purpose, ask yourself if you will be OK carrying it around for 10 to 12 hours a day. You are the only one that can make the decision.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    If you are truly looking for a versatile defensive gun and not just a conversation piece, I suggest actually holding and preferably firing as many different ones as you can. Some guns won't fit your hands, some guns won't point naturally, some guns have controls that are difficult to operate, and some guns are punishing to shoot.

Ammo costs vary greatly. If you can't afford the ammunition to practice regularly you could be a danger to yourself and others and not be able to use the gun under stress. If it is difficult to conceal, you might start leaving it at home.

You can't just look at a catalog picture and make such an important choice, you need hands on experience.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Nothing wrong with a Raging Bull, A Taurus Judge, A 1911. They are all fine firearms. However, think about carrying a three pound firearm around all day. Getting in and out of a vehicle. Quick access while in a vehicle. Managing to keep it concealed ( I realize that isn't a problem in Wisconsin but it can be when traveling to other states). You best have a sturdy belt or a good pair of suspenders. Some conceal carry people buy the large guns and end up leaving them at home because of the inconvienience. They aren't much use there when you are out and about. No question that the above guns are fine home defense weapons, but body carry isn't an issue at home. Guns are like vehicles. Some people won't settle for any thing less than a F350 deisel Super Duty Crew Cab others are fine with a Focus. They both get you from point A to point B. When choosing a concealed carry firearm when money is tight and the weapon must be multi-purpose, ask yourself if you will be OK carrying it around for 10 to 12 hours a day. You are the only one that can make the decision.
    Excellent points from the Cap'n.

The most important characteristic of a defensive firearm is reliability. In my opinion the next in importance is selecting a gun that you will actually carry. That varies with the individual based on their build, life style, manner of dress, tolerance for pain, mode of carry, need for concealment, etc. Finally the other factors go into the choice: cost, power, accuracy, fit, and so on. But first and foremost you want a gun that will function properly and secondly one that you'll have on you and not sitting in the safe at home after you learn how inconvenient it is lug around every day and everywhere you go.
    A. Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Got it captain! Thanks for the help. I'll wait for more advice. I still haven't purchased a hand gun bec I don't want to make a mistake. Don't have the dought o correct it. Thanks again captain Nemo!

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    If you are truly looking for a versatile defensive gun and not just a conversation piece, I suggest actually holding and preferably firing as many different ones as you can. Some guns won't fit your hands, some guns won't point naturally, some guns have controls that are difficult to operate, and some guns are punishing to shoot.

Ammo costs vary greatly. If you can't afford the ammunition to practice regularly you could be a danger to yourself and others and not be able to use the gun under stress. If it is difficult to conceal, you might start leaving it at home.

You can't just look at a catalog picture and make such an important choice, you need hands on experience.
    Thanks davegran!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Excellent points from the Cap'n.

The most important characteristic of a defensive firearm is reliability. In my opinion the next in importance is selecting a gun that you will actually carry. That varies with the individual based on their build, life style, manner of dress, tolerance for pain, mode of carry, need for concealment, etc. Finally the other factors go into the choice: cost, power, accuracy, fit, and so on. But first and foremost you want a gun that will function properly and secondly one that you'll have on you and not sitting in the safe at home after you learn how inconvenient it is lug around every day and everywhere you go.
    Thank you shotgun. Wow my work is cut out for me! What will I do without you all!! Am learning! No pea shooter and no cannon for the carry, and fire all kinds of guns using the postures and grip styles gabe gutenberger taught us and find one that I can control at all times. And make sure the ammo is cheap. Yes sir!

Law Abider:

I sent you a private message.

Every one pointed out about fit and such but since no one else brought it up holster in my opinion is very important too as I carry one of those "heavy" guns like everyone likes to call it (1911 commander) I have found when budgeting for a gun make sure you also budget for a holster that is comfortable! You can carry the lightest gun out on the market and if your holster is junk and digs in you won't want to carry. As I said I carry one of the heavy guns mentioned above but with my holster 12 hours is no big deal same with siting down or pretty much anything with the exception of running but those who know me know that me and running don't go well togeather even with no gun

Quote Originally Posted by civilwarguy View Post
    Every one pointed out about fit and such but since no one else brought it up holster in my opinion is very important too as I carry one of those "heavy" guns like everyone likes to call it (1911 commander) I have found when budgeting for a gun make sure you also budget for a holster that is comfortable! You can carry the lightest gun out on the market and if your holster is junk and digs in you won't want to carry. As I said I carry one of the heavy guns mentioned above but with my holster 12 hours is no big deal same with siting down or pretty much anything with the exception of running but those who know me know that me and running don't go well togeather even with no gun
    Thanks buddy! I thought that a big gun sends a big message OC, but may not be true as leos will lookat you with suspicion and haul you to jail

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Thanks buddy! I thought that a big gun sends a big message OC, but may not be true as leos will lookat you with suspicion and haul you to jail
    I know several leos and carry often I have not really had a negative encounter due to carrying. In fact the one I hang out wih quite often has to ask me normally if I am carrying cause he can't tell. Maybe I am just lucky about where I live but OC hasn't really ever been an issue and now with ccw they are even more careful not to violate any laws due to potential law suits. I think for any mode of carry it all comes down to find a gun that you like and are comfortable with and a carry rig that you can wear all day then use that. I personally prefer 1911s and have found a couple of brands that I can get into for less than 500 bucks that shoot just as well as high dollar ones so that is where I stay... To each his own!