• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hmmmmmmm

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I was looking at these a little while back. It's basically a two-shot derringer. Before I would invest in it, I would like to learn a lot more about it from actual users considering that it's a new company and this is their only product. Personally, I think the price is rather high as well.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
wellllll..... once upon a time a 2-shot derringer style gun made sense as a back up gun. That time was back when the common carry pistol was a single-action revolver.

Nowadays, with small .380 and 9mm semi-autos available that are smaller and lighter than this 2-shot .45, I'd assign it to the "novelty" box. It seems a bit like an upgrade of the WW II "liberator" pistol.

hermannr

one thing over a true derringer, it has a trigger guard...I never liked the idea of an open trigger. I'll bet it a handful in .45.

oliverclotheshoff

they showed this handgun on one of the gun shows i watch like tac tv or guns and ammo it pack a heck of a recoil by looks of them firing it

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
one thing over a true derringer, it has a trigger guard...I never liked the idea of an open trigger. I'll bet it a handful in .45.

The trigger pull on derringers is, well, verrry heavy (as is pulling the hammer back.) And I imagine it is a strong recoil in .45 I have a .38 special derringer and it has a fairly stout kick. Bond Arms makes derringers that take .357 Magnum and even 10mm Auto. So if .45 isn't enough handful for you try one of those! They discontinued the .44 magnum model!

amaixner

Looks like a solution in search of a problem. 6or 7 rounds of 9mm in a modern ultra-compact are going to get you farther, faster, than 2 rounds of .45 with a reload before you can use it again.

TyGuy

Looks like a solution in search of a problem. 6or 7 rounds of 9mm in a modern ultra-compact are going to get you farther, faster, than 2 rounds of .45 with a reload before you can use it again.

+1

My LCP is so easy to conceal. It's not my primary CCW but it's a good back up, or primary choice when wearing dress clothing, etc.... 6+1 rounds, easy to reload another magazine, etc...

GreenCountyPete

much like a liberator maybe they could just call it liberator II so if the original liberator in 1944 was $2.50 complete in box with 5 rounds and a wooden dowel to knock the spent brass out of the barrel , with inflation this should be about 35 to 40 dollars and it holds 2 rounds not 1 so maybe 80

i think it falls under novelty also and an expensive novelty at that

6+1 of .380 or 7+1 of 9mm sure makes a lot more sense when you can get it for 250.00 to 400.00 and they want 400-700 for this

Law abider

Great

Thanks for the info. I'll read all the posts and digest the info. Since I am a novice I really appreciate all your advice. I would like to thank Gabe Gutenberger for the CC class at Midwest firearms in Baldwin. What an instructor!! I sent for my CCL and am waiting.

I did decide on a Tautus Raging Bull. It is multi purpose since I don't have the dough to collect too many guns like you all out there with the dough. If I am wrong in this choice please let me know.:question:

Captain Nemo

Nothing wrong with a Raging Bull, A Taurus Judge, A 1911. They are all fine firearms. However, think about carrying a three pound firearm around all day. Getting in and out of a vehicle. Quick access while in a vehicle. Managing to keep it concealed ( I realize that isn't a problem in Wisconsin but it can be when traveling to other states). You best have a sturdy belt or a good pair of suspenders. Some conceal carry people buy the large guns and end up leaving them at home because of the inconvienience. They aren't much use there when you are out and about. No question that the above guns are fine home defense weapons, but body carry isn't an issue at home. Guns are like vehicles. Some people won't settle for any thing less than a F350 deisel Super Duty Crew Cab others are fine with a Focus. They both get you from point A to point B. When choosing a concealed carry firearm when money is tight and the weapon must be multi-purpose, ask yourself if you will be OK carrying it around for 10 to 12 hours a day. You are the only one that can make the decision.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
If you are truly looking for a versatile defensive gun and not just a conversation piece, I suggest actually holding and preferably firing as many different ones as you can. Some guns won't fit your hands, some guns won't point naturally, some guns have controls that are difficult to operate, and some guns are punishing to shoot.

Ammo costs vary greatly. If you can't afford the ammunition to practice regularly you could be a danger to yourself and others and not be able to use the gun under stress. If it is difficult to conceal, you might start leaving it at home.

You can't just look at a catalog picture and make such an important choice, you need hands on experience.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Nothing wrong with a Raging Bull, A Taurus Judge, A 1911. They are all fine firearms. However, think about carrying a three pound firearm around all day. Getting in and out of a vehicle. Quick access while in a vehicle. Managing to keep it concealed ( I realize that isn't a problem in Wisconsin but it can be when traveling to other states). You best have a sturdy belt or a good pair of suspenders. Some conceal carry people buy the large guns and end up leaving them at home because of the inconvienience. They aren't much use there when you are out and about. No question that the above guns are fine home defense weapons, but body carry isn't an issue at home. Guns are like vehicles. Some people won't settle for any thing less than a F350 deisel Super Duty Crew Cab others are fine with a Focus. They both get you from point A to point B. When choosing a concealed carry firearm when money is tight and the weapon must be multi-purpose, ask yourself if you will be OK carrying it around for 10 to 12 hours a day. You are the only one that can make the decision.

Excellent points from the Cap'n.

The most important characteristic of a defensive firearm is reliability. In my opinion the next in importance is selecting a gun that you will actually carry. That varies with the individual based on their build, life style, manner of dress, tolerance for pain, mode of carry, need for concealment, etc. Finally the other factors go into the choice: cost, power, accuracy, fit, and so on. But first and foremost you want a gun that will function properly and secondly one that you'll have on you and not sitting in the safe at home after you learn how inconvenient it is lug around every day and everywhere you go.

Law abider

Got it captain! Thanks for the help. I'll wait for more advice. I still haven't purchased a hand gun bec I don't want to make a mistake. Don't have the dought o correct it. Thanks again captain Nemo!

Law abider

If you are truly looking for a versatile defensive gun and not just a conversation piece, I suggest actually holding and preferably firing as many different ones as you can. Some guns won't fit your hands, some guns won't point naturally, some guns have controls that are difficult to operate, and some guns are punishing to shoot.

Ammo costs vary greatly. If you can't afford the ammunition to practice regularly you could be a danger to yourself and others and not be able to use the gun under stress. If it is difficult to conceal, you might start leaving it at home.

You can't just look at a catalog picture and make such an important choice, you need hands on experience.

Thanks davegran!!

Law abider

Excellent points from the Cap'n.

The most important characteristic of a defensive firearm is reliability. In my opinion the next in importance is selecting a gun that you will actually carry. That varies with the individual based on their build, life style, manner of dress, tolerance for pain, mode of carry, need for concealment, etc. Finally the other factors go into the choice: cost, power, accuracy, fit, and so on. But first and foremost you want a gun that will function properly and secondly one that you'll have on you and not sitting in the safe at home after you learn how inconvenient it is lug around every day and everywhere you go.

Thank you shotgun. Wow my work is cut out for me! What will I do without you all!! Am learning! No pea shooter and no cannon for the carry, and fire all kinds of guns using the postures and grip styles gabe gutenberger taught us and find one that I can control at all times. And make sure the ammo is cheap. Yes sir!:)