• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry with an adjudication withheld?

kallnad

Im posting this again here to see if I get any more results or more specific results.

I have an adjudication withheld in Florida. As of now I can buy(through private sale only) and poses firearms and have recently moved to North Carolina. My question is if, with my adjudication withheld, I can open carry in this open carry state.

HankT

State Researcher
Im posting this again here to see if I get any more results or more specific results.

I have an adjudication withheld in Florida. As of now I can buy(through private sale only) and poses firearms and have recently moved to North Carolina. My question is if, with my adjudication withheld, I can open carry in this open carry state.

Why is it that you cannot buy a gun through an FFL?

the beard

a pistol purchase permit in guilford county requires the individual to have not have been subject to any supervised or unsupervised probation within 5 years of adjudication date or have been arrested, charged or convicted of any offense involving the possession of a controlled substance within 3 years according to the guilford county sheriff's office. My guess is that if you have a dwi or a possession charge, your f---ed as far as legally purchasing a handgun or getting a ccw within the next 5 years in guilford county but that doesn't mean other counties will treat you the same way. BJ Barnes is notorious for being a hardass and is not OC friendly, trust me on that.