Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Nevada Citizen Open Carries in NHP Southern Command

  1. #1
    Regular Member TigerLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Polygammyville, Utah
    Posts
    138

    Nevada Citizen Open Carries in NHP Southern Command

    YouTube OC activism vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all
    TigerLily's Freedom ROAR Radio show
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/TLRoar/
    Blog: http://tlroar.blogspot.com/
    http://guerrillalawfare.com/
    http://tigerlilsblog.blogspot.com/
    I don't ride to be safe, I ride to be free.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Great work. Thanks again.

  3. #3
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ,
    Posts
    395
    2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member TigerLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Polygammyville, Utah
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by OC-moto450r View Post
    Great job guys and gal.

    I wanted to OC in our Sheriff's office last week but wussed out. They still have the the mis-leading sign up also.
    I oc'd in the LV Sheriff's Public Records office last Friday. While in there, had several citizens ask me questions about their rights. Then a window lady saw my gun and FREAKED OUT. I was told I can't be in there. I told them I'd go outside and they can bring me what I was asking for. 2 metro boys went to be with me. I had my spyware and audio recording for better sound. So can't wait to share that. UNBELIEVABLE stuff - and I was given "the hand."

    Will work on a youtube on that one asap.
    YouTube OC activism vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all
    TigerLily's Freedom ROAR Radio show
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/TLRoar/
    Blog: http://tlroar.blogspot.com/
    http://guerrillalawfare.com/
    http://tigerlilsblog.blogspot.com/
    I don't ride to be safe, I ride to be free.

  5. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    ,
    Posts
    395
    2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,096
    IMO would have been a better video without all the music and fast forward stuff. Was really difficult to follow and understand what was going on.

    Glad it worked out tho.

  7. #7
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Thanks for the update.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    577
    Churchill Count SO has one of those signs too, behind a tinted window, at their entrance.
    Hoka hey

  9. #9
    Regular Member TigerLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Polygammyville, Utah
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    IMO would have been a better video without all the music and fast forward stuff. Was really difficult to follow and understand what was going on.

    Glad it worked out tho.
    Thank you so much for your feedback. It motivated me to figure out how to include a link within the vid to give details. Many on this thread already knew of this issue, so I'll take your advice - as well as I can, the novice I am - before I blast that particular vid off. I have only posted it here and to a few of my activist colleagues.

    Thanks again.
    YouTube OC activism vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ature=view_all
    TigerLily's Freedom ROAR Radio show
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/TLRoar/
    Blog: http://tlroar.blogspot.com/
    http://guerrillalawfare.com/
    http://tigerlilsblog.blogspot.com/
    I don't ride to be safe, I ride to be free.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Baked on Grease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterling, Va.
    Posts
    652
    Well done, can't wait for that other vid you teased us on now....

    Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

    "According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

    Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    Obviously the guy in Dave's video was not there or Tim would have had problems with him. (Unless he got schoolin' from on high.)

    I've carried into the Sparks PD at least twice and to the NHP northern command (Reno). SPD brought a second officer as a show of force for a simple public records request but never mentioned the gun.

    Now a courthouse is going to be interesting. Still a public building but the mentality is even more anti-gun, anti-weapon.
    Last edited by Yard Sale; 03-30-2012 at 12:00 AM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member renoglock22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Obviously the guy in Dave's video was not there or Tim would have had problems with him. (Unless he got schoolin' from on high.)

    I've carried into the Sparks PD at least twice and to the NHP northern command (Reno). SPD brought a second officer as a show of force for a simple public records request but never mentioned the gun.

    Now a courthouse is going to be interesting. Still a public building but the mentality is even more anti-gun, anti-weapon.

    Doesn't the NRS say no public building with metal detectors, or does that still only pertain to conceal carry and not firearms in general? Either way, there is no way you will be allowed to go past the metal detectors in the courthouse with a gun regardless of what the law says. My wife and I had to go to the old courthouse to get marriage license stuff and she had a spatula in her purse and they put it in a locker till we left. I have wanted to walk into the courthouse OC'ing knowing they will hold it for me but the scenario that plays out in my head is me walking in and immediately having every sheriff draw on me and force me to the ground.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Rollbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Now a courthouse is going to be interesting. Still a public building but the mentality is even more anti-gun, anti-weapon.
    .

  14. #14
    Regular Member Rollbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    Doesn't the NRS say no public building with metal detectors, or does that still only pertain to conceal carry and not firearms in general? Either way, there is no way you will be allowed to go past the metal detectors in the courthouse with a gun regardless of what the law says. My wife and I had to go to the old courthouse to get marriage license stuff and she had a spatula in her purse and they put it in a locker till we left. I have wanted to walk into the courthouse OC'ing knowing they will hold it for me but the scenario that plays out in my head is me walking in and immediately having every sheriff draw on me and force me to the ground.

    I quoted the last two post (since there is not multi quote) to ask as question of "Why"?

    I understand our rights etc but you and I know they will not change the court room/OCing, it just won't happen.

    Scenario: Someone kills a loved one, you OC in the court room and they are found innocent but you know they are guilty on your terms and emotion kicks in-BAM.

    I don't agree w/court room carry due to the emotion behind those types of cases, and lets be real, it is our right, but does it make since in a scenario like that.

    Sometimes it seems reading some posts/Youtube videos that OCing causes more problems due tot the fact that some said people/youtube go looking for trouble/about it the wrong way.

    I'm not saying give up your rights/your information when the police ask. Just using common since in most cases will prevail.

    I agree w/our rights and support them and OCing.

    Just some thoughts, and not condemning anyone. If it did come on a ballot then I would vote to uphold our rights.

    A thought just popped into my head - has anyone tried to OC around the White House/Congress?
    Last edited by Rollbar; 03-30-2012 at 02:10 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    I quoted the last two post (since there is not multi quote) to ask as question of "Why"?

    I understand our rights etc but you and I know they will not change the court room/OCing, it just won't happen.

    Scenario: Someone kills a loved one, you OC in the court room and they are found innocent but you know they are guilty on your terms and emotion kicks in-BAM.

    I don't agree w/court room carry due to the emotion behind those types of cases, and lets be real, it is our right, but does it make since in a scenario like that.
    ?
    The huge fail in your statement is this. Emotion does not only happen in a courtroom. So lets extend this ban like this. Man gets a divorce, emotions are high he shouldnt have a gun. Woman has a baby, well that sure makes her a emotional wreck. Take her guns away. Rollbar gets heated in a internet forum, his emotions are too high, take his gun.

    Each so called small condition then opens a door to more.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Rollbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    383
    I understand 100%. But in the context I was using (court room carry only). But I also can see your point as it could, overflow into other areas. Common since should prevail but ..............

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    I understand 100%. But in the context I was using (court room carry only). But I also can see your point as it could, overflow into other areas. Common since should prevail but ..............
    I hate when people make decisions for me, based on what could possibly happen, or what I might do, in an "emotional situation". When the founders of this country wrote the second amendment, they didn't include exceptions or limitations.
    Hoka hey

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    I quoted the last two post (since there is not multi quote)
    The "+ button to the lower right of each post.

    Click it for each post you want to quote.

    Alternatively, click the 'quote' button and then copy it all to notepad, go 'back,' then click the next one and copy/paste to notepad, etc.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  19. #19
    Regular Member Rollbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    I hate when people make decisions for me, based on what could possibly happen, or what I might do, in an "emotional situation". When the founders of this country wrote the second amendment, they didn't include exceptions or limitations.
    Understood but it was a scenario of a court room. Do you really think they/police/govt will let you OC in a court room-no. Reason they will say, is as stated above in some cases and just like may scenarios when people get pull over and the police ask for ID and say, OH we need to know who we are dealing with etc.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Rollbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    The "+ button to the lower right of each post.

    Click it for each post you want to quote.

    Alternatively, click the 'quote' button and then copy it all to notepad, go 'back,' then click the next one and copy/paste to notepad, etc.
    Thanks, I didn't even notice/used it b-4

  21. #21
    Regular Member Rollbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    I hate when people make decisions for me, based on what could possibly happen, or what I might do, in an "emotional situation".
    That needs to be directed at the Govt/Police/Judge etc, not me, because they are doing just that to you/others/me unless I am missing something.
    Last edited by Rollbar; 03-30-2012 at 05:14 PM.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fallon, NV
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    That needs to be directed at the Govt/Police/Judge etc, not me, because they are doing just that to you/others/me unless I am missing something.
    Oh, not directed at you.

    It seems some people are thinkers, but have no knowledge of what they are thinking is best for you and me. It's like the phrase "Perception is Reality" Somebody coined it and meant that what people perceive is "their reality", not that perception is actually reality. But now I hear it used in arguments like it has merit.

    The people that think we can't control our emotions in court rooms are the same people, if given some to angle to work to, will also think that we can't control ourselves anywhere. That's the beginning of the slippery slope.

    There are laws and processes for people who can't control themselves, in public, in courtrooms or even in their own homes. We should be able to do our thing, as long as it doesn't infringe on somebody else’s rights. These "thinkers" keep adding/wanting stricter gun control/laws, when the laws in place, if enforced already do as much as can be done.
    Last edited by FallonJeeper; 03-30-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Hoka hey

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    Understood but it was a scenario of a court room. Do you really think they/police/govt will let you OC in a court room-no. Reason they will say, is as stated above in some cases and just like may scenarios when people get pull over and the police ask for ID and say, OH we need to know who we are dealing with etc.
    It isn't whether they will allow it or not.

    It is whether they can legally prevent it or not.

    I see the signs on our local sheriff's and the county offices, and sometimes wonder if I would want to test them. They cite the cc statute, claiming " no firearms allowed pursuant to...."
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    How do they call it justice when the people who can carry are:
    • The judge,
      • The prosecutor,


      • The Baliff,


    And Here you are a Pro Se Defendant, Innocent untill proven guilty, in a land where all men are created equal? At least until you are accused

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    How do they call it justice when the people who can carry are:
    • The judge,
      • The prosecutor,


      • The Baliff,


    And Here you are a Pro Se Defendant, Innocent untill proven guilty, in a land where all men are created equal? At least until you are accused
    Why do you say that 'people who can carry' are all of those things?

    More to the point, what does ANY of that have to do with the topic of this thread?
    Last edited by wrightme; 03-30-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •