• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Citizen Open Carries in NHP Southern Command

TigerLily

Great job guys and gal.

I wanted to OC in our Sheriff's office last week but wussed out. They still have the the mis-leading sign up also.

I oc'd in the LV Sheriff's Public Records office last Friday. While in there, had several citizens ask me questions about their rights. Then a window lady saw my gun and FREAKED OUT. I was told I can't be in there. I told them I'd go outside and they can bring me what I was asking for. 2 metro boys went to be with me. I had my spyware and audio recording for better sound. So can't wait to share that. UNBELIEVABLE stuff - and I was given "the hand." :banana:

Will work on a youtube on that one asap.

carracer

IMO would have been a better video without all the music and fast forward stuff. Was really difficult to follow and understand what was going on.

Glad it worked out tho.

TigerLily

IMO would have been a better video without all the music and fast forward stuff. Was really difficult to follow and understand what was going on.

Glad it worked out tho.

Thank you so much for your feedback. It motivated me to figure out how to include a link within the vid to give details. Many on this thread already knew of this issue, so I'll take your advice - as well as I can, the novice I am - before I blast that particular vid off. I have only posted it here and to a few of my activist colleagues.

Thanks again. :)

Yard Sale

Obviously the guy in Dave's video was not there or Tim would have had problems with him. (Unless he got schoolin' from on high.)

I've carried into the Sparks PD at least twice and to the NHP northern command (Reno). SPD brought a second officer as a show of force for a simple public records request but never mentioned the gun.

Now a courthouse is going to be interesting. Still a public building but the mentality is even more anti-gun, anti-weapon.

Last edited:

renoglock22

Obviously the guy in Dave's video was not there or Tim would have had problems with him. (Unless he got schoolin' from on high.)

I've carried into the Sparks PD at least twice and to the NHP northern command (Reno). SPD brought a second officer as a show of force for a simple public records request but never mentioned the gun.

Now a courthouse is going to be interesting. Still a public building but the mentality is even more anti-gun, anti-weapon.

Doesn't the NRS say no public building with metal detectors, or does that still only pertain to conceal carry and not firearms in general? Either way, there is no way you will be allowed to go past the metal detectors in the courthouse with a gun regardless of what the law says. My wife and I had to go to the old courthouse to get marriage license stuff and she had a spatula in her purse and they put it in a locker till we left. I have wanted to walk into the courthouse OC'ing knowing they will hold it for me but the scenario that plays out in my head is me walking in and immediately having every sheriff draw on me and force me to the ground.

Rollbar

Doesn't the NRS say no public building with metal detectors, or does that still only pertain to conceal carry and not firearms in general? Either way, there is no way you will be allowed to go past the metal detectors in the courthouse with a gun regardless of what the law says. My wife and I had to go to the old courthouse to get marriage license stuff and she had a spatula in her purse and they put it in a locker till we left. I have wanted to walk into the courthouse OC'ing knowing they will hold it for me but the scenario that plays out in my head is me walking in and immediately having every sheriff draw on me and force me to the ground.

I quoted the last two post (since there is not multi quote) to ask as question of "Why"?

I understand our rights etc but you and I know they will not change the court room/OCing, it just won't happen.

Scenario: Someone kills a loved one, you OC in the court room and they are found innocent but you know they are guilty on your terms and emotion kicks in-BAM.

I don't agree w/court room carry due to the emotion behind those types of cases, and lets be real, it is our right, but does it make since in a scenario like that.

Sometimes it seems reading some posts/Youtube videos that OCing causes more problems due tot the fact that some said people/youtube go looking for trouble/about it the wrong way.

I'm not saying give up your rights/your information when the police ask. Just using common since in most cases will prevail.

I agree w/our rights and support them and OCing.

Just some thoughts, and not condemning anyone. If it did come on a ballot then I would vote to uphold our rights.

A thought just popped into my head - has anyone tried to OC around the White House/Congress?

Last edited:

Vegassteve

I quoted the last two post (since there is not multi quote) to ask as question of "Why"?

I understand our rights etc but you and I know they will not change the court room/OCing, it just won't happen.

Scenario: Someone kills a loved one, you OC in the court room and they are found innocent but you know they are guilty on your terms and emotion kicks in-BAM.

I don't agree w/court room carry due to the emotion behind those types of cases, and lets be real, it is our right, but does it make since in a scenario like that.
?

The huge fail in your statement is this. Emotion does not only happen in a courtroom. So lets extend this ban like this. Man gets a divorce, emotions are high he shouldnt have a gun. Woman has a baby, well that sure makes her a emotional wreck. Take her guns away. Rollbar gets heated in a internet forum, his emotions are too high, take his gun.

Each so called small condition then opens a door to more.

Rollbar

I understand 100%. But in the context I was using (court room carry only). But I also can see your point as it could, overflow into other areas. Common since should prevail but ..............

FallonJeeper

I understand 100%. But in the context I was using (court room carry only). But I also can see your point as it could, overflow into other areas. Common since should prevail but ..............

I hate when people make decisions for me, based on what could possibly happen, or what I might do, in an "emotional situation". When the founders of this country wrote the second amendment, they didn't include exceptions or limitations.

wrightme

I quoted the last two post (since there is not multi quote)
The "+ button to the lower right of each post.

Click it for each post you want to quote.

Alternatively, click the 'quote' button and then copy it all to notepad, go 'back,' then click the next one and copy/paste to notepad, etc.

Rollbar

I hate when people make decisions for me, based on what could possibly happen, or what I might do, in an "emotional situation". When the founders of this country wrote the second amendment, they didn't include exceptions or limitations.

Understood but it was a scenario of a court room. Do you really think they/police/govt will let you OC in a court room-no. Reason they will say, is as stated above in some cases and just like may scenarios when people get pull over and the police ask for ID and say, OH we need to know who we are dealing with etc.

Rollbar

The "+ button to the lower right of each post.

Click it for each post you want to quote.

Alternatively, click the 'quote' button and then copy it all to notepad, go 'back,' then click the next one and copy/paste to notepad, etc.

Thanks, I didn't even notice/used it b-4