• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Color of Crime 2005 - New Century Foundation. H/T Neal Boortz libertarian WSB

H

Herr Heckler Koch

From American Renaissance, "

http://amren.com/archives/reports/the-color-of-crime/

http://amren.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/2005-Color-of-Crime-Report.pdf 27 pages 1.5 MB

Major Findings

Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

• Crime Rates

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
    When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
    Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
    The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

• Interracial Crime

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
    Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
    Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
    Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

• Gangs

Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
    Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

• Incarceration

Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
    Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

The Color of Crime is an expanded version of a monograph on crime first published by NCF in 1999.

Stanley

Google "racial bias justice system."

There are endless hits that "prove" both sides of the argument...

What's your point? Rather, what's your motivation here? I'd hate to assume anything ;)

Edit: Let me add that I actually agree with this...

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Boortz has disavowed the information in The Color of Crime for its source! 1000 CDT

He bragged that he had a 1999 edition in print. He had no idea who is AmRen! Bwahahah!

He's the one that teaches "believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview."

Gil223

Okay... Neal Boortz is a conservative (political affiliation: Libertarian) radio host. The New Century Foundation is "a nonprofit organization founded in 1994 to study immigration and race relations." From 1994 to 1999 NCF's activities received considerable funding from the Pioneer Fund, and has been described as a "white supremacist group". (The picture now begins to become a bit more clear) American Renaissance - or AmRen - was founded by Samuel Jared Taylor, and it is a journal that describes itself as "America's premiere publication of racial-realist thought". Taylor and many of the organizations he is associated with are often described as promoting racist ideologies by civil rights groups, news media as well as by academics studying. (No real surprise there - civil rights groups, the overwhelmingly left-wing media, and left-wing academics love to cry "racist". In conflict with the "white supremacist/racist" charge, is Taylor's statement once given in an interview: "I think Asians are objectively superior to Whites by just about any measure that you can come up with in terms of what are the ingredients for a successful society. This doesn't mean that I want America to become Asian. I think every people has a right to be itself, and this becomes clear whether we're talking about Irian Jaya or Tibet, for that matter.") Born in Japan to missionary parents, Taylor has lived in several culturally divergent areas of the world, including Japan, United States, France and West Africa. He is not an advocate of unregulated or unlimited immigration. Although he claims that his views are "reasonable and moderate, and that they were considered normal by most key figures in American history", it is not difficult to see how many (if not most) people - capable of objective observation - could see the possibility of his being labeled as racist. (I remember my grandparents telling me that, "A person is known by the company he keeps", and then there's the old saw "Birds of a feather....")

Although he claims his philosophy is one of "racial-realist thought", it has - unsurprisingly - overtones of bias. It appears to me that any bias on his part is not inherited from his parents, who were conventional liberals - as was he until his early thirties - but rather from his own personal life-experiences and observations. His philosophy may be "personal", but it is undoubtedly shared by a fairly large number of people. And, perhaps his personal views are "reasonable and moderate". The statistics quoted in HKK's OP are not unbelievable, as they were ostensibly taken from "government sources" (which just makes the stats immediately questionable, but not necessarily false). They seem close enough to more recent government statistics to (at least) be consistent.

I have but one question... how the hell does Neal Boortz figure into the OP, other than through his statement "believe nothing that you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview" (which may have been meant sarcastically)? And, isn't that exactly what the vast majority of people do (even if subconsciously) - look for affirmation and validation of their "preexisting worldview"? Telling lies that the majority of voters wanted to hear is how the current Administration got into the White House. Pax...

Last edited: