• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hospitals, colleges, schools and other groups are lining up to oppose SB59

Hevymetal

What additional training are you speaking of? People who are legally allowed to OC in hospitals and schools must have a CPL to do so.

I was talking about the the option to conceal carry with the additional 9 hrs and 90 rounds

The legislation, to be outlined Thursday at a Senate Committee, includes a score of changes. Among them:

• Allow concealed pistols in so-called “gun-free” zones -- such as churches, schools and sports stadiums -- for those who receive extra training.

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
I was talking about the the option to conceal carry with the additional 9 hrs and 90 rounds

The legislation, to be outlined Thursday at a Senate Committee, includes a score of changes. Among them:

• Allow concealed pistols in so-called “gun-free” zones -- such as churches, schools and sports stadiums -- for those who receive extra training.

Gotcha. Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I am aware of that proposal. I don't know why I didn't pick up on that.

Ezerharden

We need to get everyone in the state with a CPL to OC at the schools and hospitals for whatever reason they can dream up over the next 2 weeks.

Not sure how this works as the hospital in Monroe is posted no weapons. Pretty sure the signs trumps the law but I could be wrong.

Adams182

So is there much more a guy can do to help right now other then make some phone calls and try to have others call as well? please let me know.

Adams182

I deffinetly understand what you're saying, and I agree. And if I had any sort of "official" buisness either of the places my 1911 would be going with me. But im not sure about just walking around up there for the sake of showing them no real bad came from it, as good a point it is. dont want it to be taken negativley and hurt our chances.

NHCGRPR45

Ok, so I will give my senator yet another call, and an e-mail. And I have already fired off an email to all my family members to do the same. Now is not the time to get discouraged! We had to expect that the criminal empowerment types would start the victim campaigns the second they got word of this. Its as easily predicted as Mr. C. Schumer voting to ban a gun!