• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lexington Open Carry Meet & Greet

I'm attending

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Statesman

I'm not sure if anyone has organized a Lexington Open Carry Meet and Greet, but I think it's about time for one. I've set a tentative date of April 14th at 12PM. I'm open to places to go, but the Golden Corral is fine with me.

Give a shout out if you're up for it for those in the Lexington/Louisville area.

Here are the directions: 185 East New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40505

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=Lexington+Kentucky+Golden+Corral&hl=en&cid=1002872328796507826

Please vote in the poll above to indicate your attendance of the Meet & Greet.

Last edited:

Statesman

I haven't talked to the management at Golden Corral. I figured if they didn't want a party of 10 - 15 people's business (money), they can take it or leave it. We can go to Jalepenos down the street (Mexican) if we're kicked out of Golden Corral. I've been going there for years and they know me there.

Last edited:

neuroblades

Good Going Statesman! :)

Glad to see someone getting one started up in Lexington, good going Statesman! :) I know that we've had a few folks inquire about why there wasn't one more to the central part of the state and now they have one as well.

If the Golden Corral that you're looking at is the one on New Circle Road, I think it's neat Burgers & Shakes or something like that, I have carryed openly in there many times before when I'm traveling through or down for one of the gunshows in Lexington. In fact, a friend and I will be in Lexington this coming weekend checking on some guns and chances are we'll be stopping in there for dinner.

A key thing I've learned is if you're going to go in to talk to them about getting one of the side rooms, DO NOT mention that it's a gun group, it tends to scare the sheeple and just cause more unneeded issues. We've just be rolling on lucky as for our meets, we're up to number 4 in April! :) Thus far, the GC that we've been meeting at has not been too busy on those Saturdays, fortunately! *LOL*

I just checked the Google link that was posted. That is the same Golden Corral that I've OC'ed in. I've never had any problems at all with them or the customers, just a few random looks and some odd stares. Generally, it's just so busy that they never even look. *LOL*

You know, looking at my calendar here, I see that I will be in the Lexington area on April 14th as well! *LOL* The lady & I are heading to Stanton that evening for the opening of the Drive-In, we might just have to make a point of attending your fine folks M&G! :)

Last edited:

Statesman

I've started a poll so I know how many people in total is coming. That way I can call management and reserve a large table. Please vote in the poll if you are attending the meet and greet at Golden Corral (or Jalepenos if we get kicked out).

KRM59

I will attend, as for Golden Coral i go to the one here in Louisville on Dixie all the time OC never had a word said to me.

Sundiver

I'll try and be there. Absolutely no guarantee as it's 80 miles one way for me down here on the Ky/Tn border. I may try and arrange a Somerset or Columbia South/Central Ky Meet and Greet in May.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I'll make the drive. I will be there, as long as I don't get lost. I'm not familiar with much of Lexington.

Anyone know the exit number off of 64 west for route 57? Seems that would be the best way to get to 60 from my direction.

Last edited:

Statesman

I'll make the drive. I will be there, as long as I don't get lost. I'm not familiar with much of Lexington.

Anyone know the exit number off of 64 west for route 57? Seems that would be the best way to get to 60 from my direction.

Just click "Directions" on the google map in the original post. It'll give you a complete route from your location.

neuroblades

Glockster, just hit I-64 West (towards Lexington), stay on it till you have to choose I-75 (left) or I-64 (right), take I-64 (right) and stay on it till you see Exit 113. Take Exit 113, the road T-bones, turn right and get in left hand lane. This will bring you to New Cirlce Road (about 1 or 2 miles), turn left on New Circle Road and get in left lane. About 2 or 3 miles on the left side of the road, you'll see Golden Corral.

Did that help or just confuse you more?

Comm

You guys do know that there's a nice gun range nearby, right? *LOL* ;-)

The last couple of times I tried to go to Buds, (if that is where your talking about?) there was a waiting line for "Non-member" people, and they were letting Members in ahead of us.
Saturday is a big day for them.
I'm hoping that Sember Fi will be open soon, and the owner said he will not do memberships.

neuroblades

The last couple of times I tried to go to Buds, (if that is where your talking about?) there was a waiting line for "Non-member" people, and they were letting Members in ahead of us.
Saturday is a big day for them.
I'm hoping that Sember Fi will be open soon, and the owner said he will not do memberships.

Yeah, I was referring to Bud's. A friend and I were down there on Saturday and had no problems getting on range yesterday. Grasnted, I had been in contact with them over the past week checking to see if they had the pistol that my friend was looking to rent and try before he bought it.

The cost was a bit high; for the 30 minute rental, ammo and range time it was $36 and some odd cents. But if one takes their own weapon, then you can also used your own ammo and that cuts the cost down to $12.50 for 30 minutes or $20.00 for an hour. Granted, I'd much rather shell out the $36 to try out a gun before I ended up buying it and hating it. *LOL*

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yeah, I was referring to Bud's. A friend and I were down there on Saturday and had no problems getting on range yesterday. Grasnted, I had been in contact with them over the past week checking to see if they had the pistol that my friend was looking to rent and try before he bought it.

The cost was a bit high; for the 30 minute rental, ammo and range time it was $36 and some odd cents. But if one takes their own weapon, then you can also used your own ammo and that cuts the cost down to $12.50 for 30 minutes or $20.00 for an hour. Granted, I'd much rather shell out the $36 to try out a gun before I ended up buying it and hating it. *LOL*

What did he think of the beretta?

Statesman

I'd be up for that! Has anybody ever OC'ed there or talked to the management about it. I don't object to being asked to leave or worse, but don't what to mess up the M&G and have to M&G outside in the rain or in a car. We need a place where we are welcome.

Since this is the first M&G I am aware of in Lexington, I'm not sure we've established a place where we know for certain that we are welcome. We'll have to go through the process of excercising our rights, unless we're asked to leave.

OneBadUnit

Sorry, had to vote "No" :(

If I didn't have previous engagements I would definitely attend; I'll look forward to the next I can make. :)