• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lexington Open Carry Meet & Greet

I'm attending

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flb_78

I had it in the car, but I didn't think to grab it on the way in.

It didn't matter though as no one would have seen it when they walked in.

DrakeZ07

I had it in the car, but I didn't think to grab it on the way in.

It didn't matter though as no one would have seen it when they walked in.

True, thankfully y'all was standing about by the registers like that. Else I'd never have found the room/table xD

Last edited:

rob31567

My wife and I wanted to come down, but she had to work, so sad, lol. Wanted to put faces to the names that are here. When do you guys think the next one will come around because Id like for the wife to come along? Sounds like yall had a good time.

flb_78

If I heard correctly, our waitress said she felt safer on our side of the building vs the side the national guard was on because we were carrying guns.

DrakeZ07

I was surprised by your outfit, Drake. I was anticipating something much more flamboyant. I can only describe it as, dare I say it, conservative.

Haha, well, I'm sorry to disappoint on that note, next time I'll wear something more flashy for y'all, maybe wear my pink camo pants too :p I didn't want to make everyone's eyes bleed on the first "date".

But yea, awesome experience, my first time OC'ing in Lexington, and in a restaurant at that, I felt more comfortable having my first OC in Lexington with you all around, gave me a much needed confidence boost, TBH. I didn't notice any stares, snarky whispers, or behavior change from anyone, except the couple NG's who I noticed looking at everyone's rigs here and there. May have been just me, but it seemed like people was more courteous, and friendly than what I've usually seen in most other restaurants in Lexington.

On a side note, I stopped by the Shell station in Winchester, OC'd there while getting gas, and a soda; Got into a conversation with an older gentleman from West Virginia as I walked out the door, asked if I was law enforcement or had a permit to carry, told him neither, explained we don't need a license or permit of any sort to Openly carry a firearm. Wrote down OCDO's web-site on the back of my golden corral receipt and gave it to him, told him to check it out, since he had mentioned that he thought he needed a LTC to carry in Kentucky, since he does a lot of business here. :D

Last edited:

KRM59

What A great Time

Well i enjoyed spending the afternoon with all of you. and yes just as Gutshot said no issues at all,if anything it was possitive.
i am going to plan a cook out this summer for us all. with plenty of advanced notice so most can plan for it.
thanks to everyone who could come today good turn out.

09jisaac

Well i enjoyed spending the afternoon with all of you. and yes just as Gutshot said no issues at all,if anything it was possitive.
i am going to plan a cook out this summer for us all. with plenty of advanced notice so most can plan for it.

Maybe we can all chip in and get a whole pig for something like this.

DrakeZ07

I'll pitch in some cash for it too :3

Brian D.

If I heard correctly, our waitress said she felt safer on our side of the building vs the side the national guard was on because we were carrying guns.

I got a chuckle out of your post but in another way it's not really funny. Ever since 9/11/01 I've wondered if our enemies wouldn't have a pretty easy time finding and striking at our armed forces members right here in the good ol' USA because the military seems to totally eschew firearms carry stateside. Not that I want the US to look like a banana republic either but our men and women in the, uh, armed services deserve to be able to protect themselves from "enemies foreign and domestic" as well as the rest of us civilian open/concealed carriers can.

Sorry about the drift, sounds like y'all had a good meetup.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

I would be alarmed if our military was armed when stateside. I certainly trust our soldiers, but I do not trust the government that they serve. I can do without the "occupation" of our Commonwealth. Isn't there a state constitutional provision for no standing armies in times of peace?

Side note, it's none of my business, but it seems like some in our group didn't tip. I'm probably mistaken and definitely paranoid--when I am OCing, I'm overly concerned with our/my PR.

DrakeZ07

I would be alarmed if our military was armed when stateside. I certainly trust our soldiers, but I do not trust the government that they serve. I can do without the "occupation" of our Commonwealth. Isn't there a state constitutional provision for no standing armies in times of peace?

Side note, it's none of my business, but it seems like some in our group didn't tip. I'm probably mistaken and definitely paranoid--when I am OCing, I'm overly concerned with our/my PR.

It's good to be concerned about PR, and being polite and friendly, right? :D Prior to leaving I wasn't sure of a good amount to tip, so I put down 3$, would have dropped a 5, but I needed to buy smokes with it >.>

KYGlockster

Activist Member

Yes, but we are not in a time of peace. I would not want to see men in uniform walking around with their M4s and carriers mounted with brownings either. I would like to see our soldiers be allowed to carry in all 50 states when they are on their own time however.

aagab

SHOOT! I was one of those. I didn't even think. I am really sorry about that. Next get together I will cover for those that tipped.
How embarrassing.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

*Grabs the defib, shocks the thread*

Anyone feeling froggy or interested in having another lil meet in Lexington, or around there?