Thread: Reno Open Carry Group & Get togethers?

Reno Open Carry Group & Get togethers?

Is there a Reno-based Open Carry Group? If not, Reno OC'ers, we should start one .

We have a group of the usual suspects in Fallon. We extend our get together invites to the Reno folks. We should actually do something in Reno/Sparks, for our next Northern Nevada meeting.
    Hoka hey

hey im also a Reno open carrier how do i get involved with thees open carry trash walks or meetings ?

Activist Member
    We used to do open carry trash walks. Those were fun. But people stopped wanting to come.

Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    We have a group of the usual suspects in Fallon. We extend our get together invites to the Reno folks. We should actually do something in Reno/Sparks, for our next Northern Nevada meeting.
    Ya we need to get together soon. Been busy.

Agreed. Hell, I had a hard time getting people to go shoot here in town a couple of days ago on the other Nevada forum.

yup, it seems as if the Vegas guys get to have all the fun-the Capital isn't very far away either.

Wouldn't it be fun to record and open carry at public buildings there too? maybe they would finally fix the law to allow concealed instead of forcing us to OC at places like DMV.

Anyway, I work a lot and the idea of picking up other peoples trash isn't my idea of fun, I work on a ranch and pick up after animals - would much rather have a picnic or a bbq - now that summers here I can ride my motorcycle again, I do not own a car so the DMV is a real pain in the but to visit, its a long long trip there, 300 miles round trip and being hassled due to open carry SUCKS.

How does Sat July 21st sound? that park near the river on west street or sparks marina?

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    Agreed. Hell, I had a hard time getting people to go shoot here in town a couple of days ago on the other Nevada forum.
    Join me and 25-45 others at Western Nevada Pistol League. Yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWsqmj-Rvdo

I also shoot with Stillwater in Fallon.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^sweet^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another video of the July 1, 2012 WNPL (Reno) USPSA match:

http://youtu.be/KOTtzbj_tWA

I'm the second shooter, about 43 seconds into the video.
    Last edited by varminter22; 07-04-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrsjhnsn View Post
    yup, it seems as if the Vegas guys get to have all the fun-the Capital isn't very far away either.

Wouldn't it be fun to record and open carry at public buildings there too? maybe they would finally fix the law to allow concealed instead of forcing us to OC at places like DMV.

Anyway, I work a lot and the idea of picking up other peoples trash isn't my idea of fun, I work on a ranch and pick up after animals - would much rather have a picnic or a bbq - now that summers here I can ride my motorcycle again, I do not own a car so the DMV is a real pain in the but to visit, its a long long trip there, 300 miles round trip and being hassled due to open carry SUCKS.

How does Sat July 21st sound? that park near the river on west street or sparks marina?

Yes the 21 would be a good day I will be free to go

Sadly I'll be missing the 21st. Wife starts a new job and I'm flying out to visit while she spends three weeks training. I hope this happens, been awhile since us Reno guys strutted. I wish I would've asked the last two OC'ers I saw if they're on this board...

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey123 View Post
    Sadly I'll be missing the 21st. Wife starts a new job and I'm flying out to visit while she spends three weeks training. I hope this happens, been awhile since us Reno guys strutted. I wish I would've asked the last two OC'ers I saw if they're on this board...
    Well, that means we will need to have a few meetups this summer, so, the 21st is looking do able? can other Reno/Sparks ppl make it?

Regular Member Battleborn Billy's Avatar
    I would like to come and meet some people on the 21st. im a new open carrier from reno

Quote Originally Posted by chrsjhnsn View Post
    Well, that means we will need to have a few meetups this summer, so, the 21st is looking do able? can other Reno/Sparks ppl make it?
    Not sure if my previous wasn't clear. I can not make the 21st.

no sir, it was I who was not clear, We need more oc get togethers, so you can be included.
    Anyway, looks like no one other then the new guy with one post is interested so how about

next week/month?