• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reno Open Carry Group & Get togethers?

FallonJeeper

We have a group of the usual suspects in Fallon. We extend our get together invites to the Reno folks. We should actually do something in Reno/Sparks, for our next Northern Nevada meeting.

Tacticat

hey im also a Reno open carrier how do i get involved with thees open carry trash walks or meetings ?

Rollbar

We have a group of the usual suspects in Fallon. We extend our get together invites to the Reno folks. We should actually do something in Reno/Sparks, for our next Northern Nevada meeting.

Ya we need to get together soon. Been busy.

chrsjhnsn

yup, it seems as if the Vegas guys get to have all the fun-the Capital isn't very far away either.

Wouldn't it be fun to record and open carry at public buildings there too? maybe they would finally fix the law to allow concealed instead of forcing us to OC at places like DMV.

Anyway, I work a lot and the idea of picking up other peoples trash isn't my idea of fun, I work on a ranch and pick up after animals - would much rather have a picnic or a bbq - now that summers here I can ride my motorcycle again, I do not own a car so the DMV is a real pain in the but to visit, its a long long trip there, 300 miles round trip and being hassled due to open carry SUCKS.

How does Sat July 21st sound? that park near the river on west street or sparks marina?

Yard Sale

Agreed. Hell, I had a hard time getting people to go shoot here in town a couple of days ago on the other Nevada forum.
Join me and 25-45 others at Western Nevada Pistol League. Yesterday:

IMG0001-L.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWsqmj-Rvdo

I also shoot with Stillwater in Fallon.

ssdsam2

yup, it seems as if the Vegas guys get to have all the fun-the Capital isn't very far away either.

Wouldn't it be fun to record and open carry at public buildings there too? maybe they would finally fix the law to allow concealed instead of forcing us to OC at places like DMV.

Anyway, I work a lot and the idea of picking up other peoples trash isn't my idea of fun, I work on a ranch and pick up after animals - would much rather have a picnic or a bbq - now that summers here I can ride my motorcycle again, I do not own a car so the DMV is a real pain in the but to visit, its a long long trip there, 300 miles round trip and being hassled due to open carry SUCKS.

How does Sat July 21st sound? that park near the river on west street or sparks marina?

Yes the 21 would be a good day I will be free to go

jfrey123

Sadly I'll be missing the 21st. Wife starts a new job and I'm flying out to visit while she spends three weeks training. I hope this happens, been awhile since us Reno guys strutted. I wish I would've asked the last two OC'ers I saw if they're on this board...

chrsjhnsn

Sadly I'll be missing the 21st. Wife starts a new job and I'm flying out to visit while she spends three weeks training. I hope this happens, been awhile since us Reno guys strutted. I wish I would've asked the last two OC'ers I saw if they're on this board...

Well, that means we will need to have a few meetups this summer, so, the 21st is looking do able? can other Reno/Sparks ppl make it?

chrsjhnsn

no sir, it was I who was not clear, We need more oc get togethers, so you can be included.
Anyway, looks like no one other then the new guy with one post is interested so how about

next week/month?