• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

does anyone have kahr cm9/pm9 OR kahr p380 OR j-frame S&W?

bmwguy11

The wife is looking at one of these after checking out a whole bunch of smaller firearms today. I'm hoping to find someone in the west bend area that might have one of these and would be willing to meet up so she could see how they shoot for her?

edit: for j frame she is looking at model 442

Last edited:

VW_Factor

I prefer the 9 over the 380 in the Kahr line. The 9s are miniscule already in the brand, about the size of others .380s. I'd suggest that. They are surprisingly easy to handle recoil wise due to the barrel being placed just above the heal of your hand.

Good luck :)

64Impala

My wife has a Kahr 9CW. Its a nice gun. I'm not partial to the trigger pull due to my glock, but its an accurate little pistol and my wife is pretty darn good with it. Highly recommended.

pkbites

I had a Kahr PM9. Well made pistol. Shot well, light recoil especially for it's size. Small enough it could be carried in a pants pocket via a pocket holster.

What I did not like was the magazines. I frequently had loose rounds in my pants pocket from a spare I carried. I carried the mags in a magazine belt holder to combat this and the same thing happened. Never had pistol mags that couldn't hold their cargo like that.