Thread: Kel-Tec BullPup Shotgun?

Question Kel-Tec BullPup Shotgun?

I want one, are they out yet and who should I go see to get one? Sorry it's not OC related!!
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

nutnfancy has about 4 videos reviewing it:

http://youtu.be/h_z6vqX0-K0

Question Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Michigun View Post
    nutnfancy has about 4 videos reviewing it:

http://youtu.be/h_z6vqX0-K0

Sweet video now I want 1 even more... Are they available now?
    "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose." - Article 1, Section 25

Quote Originally Posted by T Mack View Post
    I want one, are they out yet and who should I go see to get one? Sorry it's not OC related!!

The KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun) is Kel-Tec CNC’s first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape, and design is similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9 lbs. and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1” overall length and an 18.5” cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 12 rounds of 12 gauge 3” rounds in total (6 per tube). It can also reliably shoot shells as short as 1 3/4" up to the 3".
    Here in Michigan, we would call that a "Michigan Pistol" which requires Pistol Registration. Just what kind of holster you would OC it in, that is anyone's guess.

Another Review:
    http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=13696

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Unhappy

I like the looks of this gun and really wanted one till I watched this video. I have short fingers and lay my trigger finger along side the frame , above the trigger. I can see jamming my trigger finger ( or worse ) when pumping a round into the chamber.

I also didn't like the way the shells were hanging up in the chamber after being fired. Did you notice how hard they were having to hit that drop handle to get it to eject?

I have used a pump shotgun to hunt with for over 40 years and am afraid it would take a lot of firing to get used to the KSG . For me anyway , it looks like it would cost me quite a bit of money just shooting it to get used to it. When I can walk into any gun store , pick up a pump gun off the shelf and be able to rock and roll ..... I think I am going to have to pass.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Cool hmmm...?

If it will hold 7 in each tube of 3" shells (21 "). Then if it will cycle 2" mini buckshot shells, you'd have yourself a low recoil (10)+(10)+1=21 round shotgun

Shorter shells would aid in giving more finger clearence also as I see it. This may be my next pistol purchase
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 03-30-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington