• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kel-Tec BullPup Shotgun?

PDinDetroit

I want one, are they out yet and who should I go see to get one? Sorry it's not OC related!!

b_ad06f8357508a9b2087e460442307fb1DSC03535.jpg

The KSG (Kel-Tec Shotgun) is Kel-Tec CNC’s first entry into the shotgun market. The size, shape, and design is similar to the currently available Kel-Tec RFB rifle, but the KSG ejects downward, instead of forward. The KSG weighs 6.9 lbs. and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1” overall length and an 18.5” cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 12 rounds of 12 gauge 3” rounds in total (6 per tube). It can also reliably shoot shells as short as 1 3/4" up to the 3".

Here in Michigan, we would call that a "Michigan Pistol" which requires Pistol Registration. Just what kind of holster you would OC it in, that is anyone's guess.

Another Review:
http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=13696

jayspapa

I like the looks of this gun and really wanted one till I watched this video. I have short fingers and lay my trigger finger along side the frame , above the trigger. I can see jamming my trigger finger ( or worse ) when pumping a round into the chamber.

I also didn't like the way the shells were hanging up in the chamber after being fired. Did you notice how hard they were having to hit that drop handle to get it to eject?

I have used a pump shotgun to hunt with for over 40 years and am afraid it would take a lot of firing to get used to the KSG . For me anyway , it looks like it would cost me quite a bit of money just shooting it to get used to it. When I can walk into any gun store , pick up a pump gun off the shelf and be able to rock and roll ..... I think I am going to have to pass.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
hmmm...?

If it will hold 7 in each tube of 3" shells (21 "). Then if it will cycle 2" mini buckshot shells, you'd have yourself a low recoil (10)+(10)+1=21 round shotgun ;)

Shorter shells would aid in giving more finger clearence also as I see it. This may be my next pistol purchase :eek:

Last edited: