Thread: NRA Pistol Courses

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

NRA Pistol Courses

I am an NRA Instructor who recently moved to OKC from MI. I am certified in FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation, Basic Pistol Shooting, Home Firearm Safety, and Personal Protection Inside the Home courses. I am interested in finding other instructors and getting involved in teaching these courses. I am also interested in becoming certified in Personal Protection Outside the Home as well. If anyone is involved with any of this training, please feel free to E-mail me at cplinstructor@ymail.com. Thank you.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

I would also like to add that if anyone is interested in taking any of these courses, I am willing to schedule classes. It is my understanding that the OC bill going through legislation right now may have some language in it requiring a certificate from a certified NRA instructor to allow people to OC.

I just wanted to get my name out there and let people know I am available to teach the classes listed above.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Just so you know, I would be interested in classes, but I'm about to be out-of-state for several months. Maybe when I get back I'll be able to.

Aknazer - If you know of anyone else who would be interested, please spread the word. I have been off work since 2 Dec. 2011 due to an injury and am very stir crazy and want to get out and do something. I've been teaching these classes for a while and have a real passion for it. Not that it matters, but I also have LE and military experience. Maybe that adds some appeal to my classes...
    -Co-founder of OKOCA