• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Pistol Courses

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
I am an NRA Instructor who recently moved to OKC from MI. I am certified in FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation, Basic Pistol Shooting, Home Firearm Safety, and Personal Protection Inside the Home courses. I am interested in finding other instructors and getting involved in teaching these courses. I am also interested in becoming certified in Personal Protection Outside the Home as well. If anyone is involved with any of this training, please feel free to E-mail me at cplinstructor@ymail.com. Thank you.

Springfield Smitty

I would also like to add that if anyone is interested in taking any of these courses, I am willing to schedule classes. It is my understanding that the OC bill going through legislation right now may have some language in it requiring a certificate from a certified NRA instructor to allow people to OC.

I just wanted to get my name out there and let people know I am available to teach the classes listed above.

Aknazer

Just so you know, I would be interested in classes, but I'm about to be out-of-state for several months. Maybe when I get back I'll be able to.

Springfield Smitty

Aknazer - If you know of anyone else who would be interested, please spread the word. I have been off work since 2 Dec. 2011 due to an injury and am very stir crazy and want to get out and do something. I've been teaching these classes for a while and have a real passion for it. Not that it matters, but I also have LE and military experience. Maybe that adds some appeal to my classes...