Thread: HTC Evo One/HTC One X

HTC Evo One/HTC One X

Well with my Evo 4G having been stolen and my upgrade coming up, I've started looking at phones to see if there were any worth upgrading to. A philosophical enemy of mine pointed me in the direction of the HTC One X. It's being released/was released internationally and is coming very soon to the states by way of AT&T.

I refuse to use AT&T, so it's not much of an option. However, I was interested by a couple specs he mentioned so I did a little digging. The series actually seems really good, further there is rumored to be an LTE version for Sprint coming out around June called HTC Evo One. From what I've heard about it it sound just right for me.

I was curious what you guys thought, what have y'all heard about it, if anything, and do y'all know of any competing phones?

I'm going the rumors are true, there are a few small things I'd probably want to see changed and I really want to know if the battery is removable. Living in Texas, in the middle of summer is hell in cellphone batteries.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I refuse to do any business with AT&T myself. The whole battery thing is a very important aspect of many. If it is new I suggest steering clear even if the manufacturer is a know name. The electronic industry is a mess in itself. There is no reason to fix something when the new model comes out in 6 months, sometimes less. I have an evo4g and I am upgrading myself. Speaking of Smartphones make sure it has access to QIK, it can help in those encounters with LEO. The videos can not be deleted from your phone. It is all automatically saved to the account online. The only way to delete the videos is to log in online (not from your phone). Please keep this updated because I am going for an upgrade myself.
    Last edited by Flippercon; 03-31-2012 at 08:55 AM.

I didn't know that about Qik. Interesting, thank you for that.

And definitely will keep you updated.

How do you feel about your Evo?

I use to have a G1 before the Evo4g and loved it. My evo no longer has sound because of a short in the speaker wire. I was not a big fan of the touch screen, I like actual buttons you can feel.The reason I chose the evo was less moving parts and the huge screen. The g1 had both touch screen and a full QWERTY keyboard, but to access the keyboard the screen had to be moved. I also had the option to go iphone when getting my evo but I own a pc and only have an ipod. So I stuck with the android phones. QIK is a really neat program that offers that video to be private and untouched until you deleted it. Its free in the android market aka playstore. To everyone that has an android based phone Download QIK it may give you that advantage you need. I'm sure the other smartphones have the application but not to sure on cost.
    Last edited by Flippercon; 03-31-2012 at 08:54 AM.

I prefer the touch screen and wouldn't use a keyboard anyways. Swype is just plain amazing.

The big screen was likewise s big plus for me when picking out a phone. I believe I said this before, but my number reason got gettinga smartphone in the first place was for multimedia applications.

I am not sure I need a new phone really, I just want one. Pity about the Evo 3D. If it had the power of the international One X with everything that made the
    Evo 4G great, then there would be no other option for me.

If you are on Sprint, and want a smartphone that will have good signal, has a VERY clear mic (so you sound clear to OTHER people) and has system software that is actually stable, functional and reliable, get an iPhone. All other phones are just pale shadows and wanaabees...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    If you are on Sprint, and want a smartphone that will have good signal, has a VERY clear mic (so you sound clear to OTHER people) and has system software that is actually stable, functional and reliable, get an iPhone. All other phones are just pale shadows and wanaabees...
    BURN THE HERETIC!

If it ain't a iPhone....it ain't a iPhone.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I've had several Androids and even a couple of Windows phones that I've put Android on.

I like Android and it satisfies the nerd in me. However, I tired I the constant tweaking and modding for optimal performance. Continual programming to eek out a bit more stability, etc...

Got an iPhone. No more hassle. Just works. Of course, I have an MBP and Mini so that's why it just works.

Frankly, for what most people use their phones for the hardware is starting to become overkill...

Like a laptop that's 17" with a six core and 12 GB of ram. Overkill lol.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Well if you enjoy paying $40 more for less service and like $200 more for the hardware, be my guest.

I do not need nor want someone holding my hand while using my gadgets. And I'm certainly not going to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    And definitely will keep you updated.
    http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte-specs

definitely my next phone unless someone comes out with something better before it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Well if you enjoy paying $40 more for less service and like $200 more for the hardware, be my guest.

I do not need nor want someone holding my hand while using my gadgets. And I'm certainly not going to pay for it.

You are correct. It is so much more cost-effective to pay less for a phone that is harder to use, less reliable, had lower quality mic and speakers, is succeptible to software-related issues, viruses, and hacking, and is far less durable.

Good luck with that...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Before I respond to your post, where on eath did you get this idea about viruses and malicious hacks?

What Android phone are you comparing to the iPhone?