Thread: Looks like Philly is at it again

Looks like Philly is at it again

It appears that the police in Philly still have a problem with LAC carrying guns in their city. Though it doesn't make it clear, it appears the man is OCing(since he shows them his gun and there was a MWAG call). Even if he is CCing, being choked by police doesn't seem proper response.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...ctions-officer
    AUDE VIDE TACE

WOW, another example of over stepping one's authority. There are allot of cops out there that do a great job but like every profession there are those that throw dirt in the faces of everyone that they work with because of their actions. The biggest problem when it happens to be the police, is that lives get wrecked when they mess up.

This video says it all doesn't it.

Disorderly conduct - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5503
    (a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of disorderly
    conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance
    or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof
    , he:
    (1) engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or
    tumultuous behavior;
    (2) makes unreasonable noise;
    (3) uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture;
    or
    (4) creates a hazardous or physically offensive
    condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of
    the actor.
    As I doubt that the gentleman used foul language with intent to cause public inconvenience, as opposed to Ofc. Friendly choking his neck, I am sure he's safe from conviction on that charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    As I doubt that the gentleman used foul language with intent to cause public inconvenience, as opposed to Ofc. Friendly choking his neck, I am sure he's safe from conviction on that charge.
    I call BS on that. After he proved he was legally carrying, the subject should have been dropped, but of course since police officers can do anything they wanted, they continued to harass, I would have swore at them too.

There are allot of cops out there that do a great job.....
    How about that they do not break the law and leave it at that.

If they, the 'allot of cops', were doing a great job, the 'perps' in the video, and cops like them all across the country would not be in LE.

No, most cops are not doing a 'great job', but if not breaking the law is the best I can get, I'll take it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Gee, the scumbag Philly SS at it again. There's a surprise. I wonder if they have a single honest cop on their pos force.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Wow, they even do it to a fellow member of the criminal justice community. I guess they're ready to pay out more money in a lawsuit. I did note the irony in the fact that the article said "Only on Fox."
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Unhappy

I wonder how long until a law-abiding citizen uses his weapon to defend himself against unlawful assault, battery, and kidnapping by the state's armed enforcers?
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 04-03-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.