• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like Philly is at it again

gunns

WOW, another example of over stepping one's authority. There are allot of cops out there that do a great job but like every profession there are those that throw dirt in the faces of everyone that they work with because of their actions. The biggest problem when it happens to be the police, is that lives get wrecked when they mess up.

This video says it all doesn't it.

Fallschirjmäger

Disorderly conduct - 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5503
(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of disorderly
conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance
or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof
, he:
(1) engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or
tumultuous behavior;
(2) makes unreasonable noise;
(3) uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture;
or
(4) creates a hazardous or physically offensive
condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of
the actor.
As I doubt that the gentleman used foul language with intent to cause public inconvenience, as opposed to Ofc. Friendly choking his neck, I am sure he's safe from conviction on that charge.

gunns

As I doubt that the gentleman used foul language with intent to cause public inconvenience, as opposed to Ofc. Friendly choking his neck, I am sure he's safe from conviction on that charge.

I call BS on that. After he proved he was legally carrying, the subject should have been dropped, but of course since police officers can do anything they wanted, they continued to harass, I would have swore at them too.

OC for ME

There are allot of cops out there that do a great job.....
How about that they do not break the law and leave it at that.

If they, the 'allot of cops', were doing a great job, the 'perps' in the video, and cops like them all across the country would not be in LE.

No, most cops are not doing a 'great job', but if not breaking the law is the best I can get, I'll take it.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wow, they even do it to a fellow member of the criminal justice community. I guess they're ready to pay out more money in a lawsuit. I did note the irony in the fact that the article said "Only on Fox."

ManInBlack

I wonder how long until a law-abiding citizen uses his weapon to defend himself against unlawful assault, battery, and kidnapping by the state's armed enforcers?

Last edited: