Thread: What to do right now to support SB59?

What to do right now to support SB59?

I just called my senator (Hopgood) to express my support for SB59. Call timer said it took exactly 1:21 so it's not like it takes any real time out of your day.

Is there anyone else that I should be contacting about this right now?
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Look for an update after the spring break (which is next week). If you'd like to help the bill in the meanwhile, call your Senator tomorrow and tell him you'd like to meet with him in his district office next week to discuss this bill.

When you meet in person you can tell him this: You want him to support SB-59 S-9 as passed in Committee. You also oppose the MHA amendment and any other "hostile amendments" and you'll see a vote for any such amendment as an "anti-gun" vote.

Take along as many SB 59 supporters who live in his district as you can to this in-person meeting. Make sure they all echo the same message.

Stay tuned for an update. If you aren't on Michigan Open Carry's Legislative Action Alert email list yet, now's a good time to sign up. Emails will go to this list as appropriate to make sure you stay informed and are amongst the first to know about any new public developments.

The list is free to sign up, we won't sell your contact information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    I had emailed Sheriff Bouchard about an unrelated issue, when he responded, I emailed him a thank you, and at that time encouraged hi to support SB 59.

Is it a bad idea to have my wife call if I did? Is that looked on as "nagging" or something?

I'll look into meeting with the Senator next week...but it'll be difficult.
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Banned
    No, your wife is her own person, a citizen who has a right to voice her opinion.