Thread: Who Open Carries In Sports Arenas?

Who Open Carries In Sports Arenas?

Whenever I've gone to a sporting even at the Jo or Comerica Park, nobody is every searched for weapons on their persons. All they do is take their little stick and make the ladies open their purse for examination. I guess to make sure they are not sneaking in beer more than anything else. I guess this is why the whole "concealed is concealed" crowd feels so free about taking the risk.

As to open carry in stadiums, I don't know of anyone who does that. People talk about it, but I can't imagine that the people at the gates of these places would let you in if you were carrying openly. Am I wrong on this?
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    Whenever I've gone to a sporting even at the Jo or Comerica Park, nobody is every searched for weapons on their persons. All they do is take their little stick and make the ladies open their purse for examination. I guess to make sure they are not sneaking in beer more than anything else. I guess this is why the whole "concealed is concealed" crowd feels so free about taking the risk.

As to open carry in stadiums, I don't know of anyone who does that. People talk about it, but I can't imagine that the people at the gates of these places would let you in if you were carrying openly. Am I wrong on this?
    I haven't been to Comerica in a while, but at JLA everyone has had to walk through a metal detector every time I've been.

Banned
    I have no interest in events held at a stadium, just really dont have any use for sports and such things. When I had my CPL, if I had the notion of going to such an event, I would OC there without hesitation.