• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Open Carries In Sports Arenas?

The Expert

Whenever I've gone to a sporting even at the Jo or Comerica Park, nobody is every searched for weapons on their persons. All they do is take their little stick and make the ladies open their purse for examination. I guess to make sure they are not sneaking in beer more than anything else. I guess this is why the whole "concealed is concealed" crowd feels so free about taking the risk.

As to open carry in stadiums, I don't know of anyone who does that. People talk about it, but I can't imagine that the people at the gates of these places would let you in if you were carrying openly. Am I wrong on this?

Harry25

Whenever I've gone to a sporting even at the Jo or Comerica Park, nobody is every searched for weapons on their persons. All they do is take their little stick and make the ladies open their purse for examination. I guess to make sure they are not sneaking in beer more than anything else. I guess this is why the whole "concealed is concealed" crowd feels so free about taking the risk.

As to open carry in stadiums, I don't know of anyone who does that. People talk about it, but I can't imagine that the people at the gates of these places would let you in if you were carrying openly. Am I wrong on this?

I haven't been to Comerica in a while, but at JLA everyone has had to walk through a metal detector every time I've been.