Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Jefferson County OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    13

    Jefferson County OC

    My wife is traveling to Lakewood from Nevada and can easily OC all the way there. She is concerned about arriving in Jefferson County and having to lock up her gun. Can anyone clarify OC restrictions for Jefferson County if any?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member JamesB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by tonnere View Post
    My wife is traveling to Lakewood from Nevada and can easily OC all the way there. She is concerned about arriving in Jefferson County and having to lock up her gun. Can anyone clarify OC restrictions for Jefferson County if any?

    Thanks
    Pretty much the only OC restrictions in JeffCo are the Courthouses, Post Offices, and Schools.

    JeffCo and Lakewood are really pretty friendly. Lakewood is my home and I OC everyday, almost everywhere I go.

    Feel free to pm me if you need more information or specifics.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    13
    Thanks JamesB

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    104
    Tell her to keep her 1000 feet from any school unless she has a Colorado concealed carry permit.

  5. #5
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle8338 View Post
    Tell her to keep her 1000 feet from any school unless she has a Colorado concealed carry permit.

    Back when I lived in Missouri and we were going through our campaign to get CCW one argument used by the opposition was that we could OC without a permit (except any city that wanted to ban it). One of our guys actually sat down with an electronic map of St Louis and put a 1000 foot circle around every school in the city, it was verually impossible to drive through the city and not cross multiple "gun free zones".

    I seriously doubt any LEO would try to enforce that law in the absence of some other serious violation as it would have to be a federal LEO or empowered local and they aren't likely to spend the time.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Golden CO
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Pretty much the only OC restrictions in JeffCo are the Courthouses, Post Offices, and Schools.

    JeffCo and Lakewood are really pretty friendly. Lakewood is my home and I OC everyday, almost everywhere I go.

    Feel free to pm me if you need more information or specifics.
    new here first post

    I am a student at the School of Mines in Golden and cc on campus everyday. I am looking for confirmation of oc being legal around Golden and any distance restrictions from the campus for a Texas resident with a Texas CHL. Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •