• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jefferson County OC

tonnere

My wife is traveling to Lakewood from Nevada and can easily OC all the way there. She is concerned about arriving in Jefferson County and having to lock up her gun. Can anyone clarify OC restrictions for Jefferson County if any?

Thanks

JamesB

My wife is traveling to Lakewood from Nevada and can easily OC all the way there. She is concerned about arriving in Jefferson County and having to lock up her gun. Can anyone clarify OC restrictions for Jefferson County if any?

Thanks

Pretty much the only OC restrictions in JeffCo are the Courthouses, Post Offices, and Schools.

JeffCo and Lakewood are really pretty friendly. Lakewood is my home and I OC everyday, almost everywhere I go.

Feel free to pm me if you need more information or specifics.

Deserteagle8338

Tell her to keep her 1000 feet from any school unless she has a Colorado concealed carry permit.

F350

Tell her to keep her 1000 feet from any school unless she has a Colorado concealed carry permit.

Back when I lived in Missouri and we were going through our campaign to get CCW one argument used by the opposition was that we could OC without a permit (except any city that wanted to ban it). One of our guys actually sat down with an electronic map of St Louis and put a 1000 foot circle around every school in the city, it was verually impossible to drive through the city and not cross multiple "gun free zones".

I seriously doubt any LEO would try to enforce that law in the absence of some other serious violation as it would have to be a federal LEO or empowered local and they aren't likely to spend the time.

Pretty much the only OC restrictions in JeffCo are the Courthouses, Post Offices, and Schools.

JeffCo and Lakewood are really pretty friendly. Lakewood is my home and I OC everyday, almost everywhere I go.

Feel free to pm me if you need more information or specifics.

new here first post

I am a student at the School of Mines in Golden and cc on campus everyday. I am looking for confirmation of oc being legal around Golden and any distance restrictions from the campus for a Texas resident with a Texas CHL. Thanks