• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 3/30 9:30 AM - Golden Corral Southside

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Because we want to. And you get steak for breakfast. Watch out for the sausage, though.

stay safe.
Address Results
  1. RICHMOND, VA
    11 SOUTH PROVIDENCE RD.
    RICHMOND, VA 23236
Go get your own map.

mk4

Because we want to. And you get steak for breakfast. Watch out for the sausage, though.

stay safe.
Address Results
  1. RICHMOND, VA
    11 SOUTH PROVIDENCE RD.
    RICHMOND, VA 23236
Go get your own map.

why? is it deadly like the alligator at bass pro shop's restaurant? :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Greased lightening some say. :uhoh:

Please note that a parking permit is not required on the week-end.

Keep the coffee hot - I'll be there.

Location Map

67GT390FB

because we want to. And you get steak for breakfast. Watch out for the sausage, though.

Stay safe.
address results
  1. richmond, va
    11 south providence rd.
    Richmond, va 23236
go get your own map.

will be doing my best peter imitation and working outdoors showers be damned so i won;t be there

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Not that 6 years as a cook in mid- to high-end restaurants has anything to do with my thoughts on them, but they tend to be dry and overcooked. Then again, maybe some folks like sausages that taste like sawdust and require a drop forge to chew.

Also - do NOT get coffee at the drink stand before you pay for your meal. If you wait till you are seated and ask the wait staff there is no charge.

stay safe.

sidestreet

Whoops...,

overslept again..., missed out on the best fried chicken ever for breakfast. Had a coupon too, dang it!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a nice conversation with a gentleman, who motioned me over to his table. Asked the usual, "I've seen you in here frequently. Are you retired law enforcement?" Explained in some detail, as he continued to show interest, who and what I/we are - responsible citizens, educators and lobbyists. Then talked handguns for a brief while - left him with VCDL and OCDO information. May see him here, hope so.

On the way out, the manager stopped me to chat. She wanted me to know that we are always welcome at her location, that she understands and supports the 2A, is pro carry, and perhaps more importantly endorses open carry. She is well schooled as to the deterrent value, educational/spread the word value and that BGs don't OC.

She related a conversation where a customer objected to a young man OCing. She responded to him explaining that we send such people to Afghanistan to defend freedom there, then how could she or anyone object to them doing similar here in Virginia in a manner that is both legal and non-threatening. What she did not tell the customer is that the young man was her son!

Tip of the hat to both the manager and her son.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Gee, sounds like I missed a good one.
Got my buckwheat planted, then had some health issues. I worked on the barn for a while but had to give up for the day.

I'm heading back now to get everything ready for The event at JMU.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gee, sounds like I missed a good one.
Got my buckwheat planted, then had some health issues. I worked on the barn for a while but had to give up for the day.

I'm heading back now to get everything ready for The event at JMU.

Going to end up missing the JMU event :( , but have picked up a super secret assignment for Monday that will facilitate participation/success at numerous events throughout the year. No I won't tell - if I did I'd have to .............. inside story/joke. :cool:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Going to end up missing the JMU event :( , but have picked up a super secret assignment for Monday that will facilitate participation/success at numerous events throughout the year. No I won't tell - if I did I'd have to .............. inside story/joke. :cool:

Grapeshot - maybe in a little while you can patch things up?*

stay safe.

*Yes, I am not only a party to but instigator of the inside joke. And I applaud the decision to keep it inside until needed - it was a flash of genius. another inside joke. you had to have been there.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Back in the Burbs:cry:
Sure is nice to get away from the neighbors that kept dropping in on Friday.

deer1-1.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nice contrast of temperature, light and texture.

All does I presume as I see no signs of shed.

Yep, the Does without Fawns form little lonely hearts groups this time of year. I have one group with 9 and another with 6.
It's about time to start seeing some Fawns, Bear Cubs and Bobcat kits.

The Turkeys are everywhere now but I haven't had time to stay on stand long enough to get a picture yet. The spring season starts in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

va_tazdad

Really??????

Not that 6 years as a cook in mid- to high-end restaurants has anything to do with my thoughts on them, but they tend to be dry and overcooked. Then again, maybe some folks like sausages that taste like sawdust and require a drop forge to chew.

Also - do NOT get coffee at the drink stand before you pay for your meal. If you wait till you are seated and ask the wait staff there is no charge.

stay safe.

When did they start serving coffee??? That swill I had last time was not coffee and I am not sure what it was.

Sorry I was unable to attend due to working.

Stay alert and safe!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
When did they start serving coffee??? That swill I had last time was not coffee and I am not sure what it was. ....

The joys of old age. Taste buds are either the third or fourth thing to stop functioning properly. That and years of military cuisine.

stay safe.

67GT390FB

Yep, the Does without Fawns form little lonely hearts groups this time of year. I have one group with 9 and another with 6.
It's about time to start seeing some Fawns, Bear Cubs and Bobcat kits.

The Turkeys are everywhere now but I haven't had time to stay on stand long enough to get a picture yet. The spring season starts in a couple of weeks.

speaking of turkeys i saw the white hen and another hen out in my uncles fields again yesterday afternoon. i say white she's mostly white with brown tips on the feathers.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
speaking of turkeys i saw the white hen and another hen out in my uncles fields again yesterday afternoon. i say white she's mostly white with brown tips on the feathers.

I guess the Taxidermy Man's planning his next trip to the Bahamas.:lol:

sidestreet

Now that's what I'd truly call "Bathing Beauties!"...,

beautiful subjects Peter, and your photographic skills are as always, top notch. Thank you so much for providing such views of Nature!!!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

s4z0qc.jpg

White Holland turkey has been imported commercially in this country. Believed to have originated in Mexico.
http://www.porterturkeys.com/whiteholland.htm

Possible escapee from local turkey farm has mated with local resident.

Bowesmobile

So are the breakfasts usually the last weekend of the month? I'm trying to get out and meet you guys and would like to know what to plan. I have family that forces my schedule to be somewhat thought out.