Thread: My welcome thread!

My welcome thread!

I didn't see a welcome forum and so if there is one, please admin., move it there. I am very happy to have found this site! It has given me the knowledge and confidence to open carry. Thank you for putting this site together and all the people who have contributed information and knowledge so that we all may enjoy our freedoms!
    Last edited by Bowesmobile; 03-30-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
    I didn't see a welcome forum and so if there is one, please admin., move it there. I am very happy to have found this site! It has given me the knowledge and confidence to open carry. Thank you for putting this site together and all the people who have contributed information and knowledge so that we all may enjoy our freedoms!
    Welcome aboard OCDO - see that you got some of your answers here.

Sign up for the free Va-Alert and stay current with the changes in the laws and what is happening throughout the state.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks for the link! I'm now signed up and ready to go!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    We have a breakfast almost every Sat morning and an OC dinner once a month. Look for the stickies at the top of the VA sub-forum - always a lot of good conversation. Think you would enjoy it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Another welcome to OCDO and the fun that is the Virginia forum. Glad to hear you are signed up/on with VCDL. If you are interested in a fast course in firearms rights consider volunteering to work the VCDL table at one of the gun shows - no knowledge needed but you will learn just from watching and listening.

Come out and meet us at breakfast every Saturday and at dinner each month. It's good to put faces and names together.

Look for the OC in Richmond thread - your experiences and insights as a newbie (at least to the forum) will be appreciated.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    One more Welcome!

Another South of the James by Invitation Only

Welcome.

The weekly breakfasts are always interesting and they have even started having them on our side of the river once in a while. (like this past weekend when I had to work. I think Skid planned it that way ;>)

The monthly dinners are rotated from one location to another but the food is usually good and the fellowship is always great.

Watch for the notice to be posted.

Welcome to the OCDO forum

By now, since you already jumped in, you know the water is fine. You will find the forum a great repository of knowledge and opinion. Occaisionally they occur together.
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wolfhound View Post
    By now, since you already jumped in, you know the water is fine. You will find the forum a great repository of knowledge and opinion. Occaisionally they occur together.
    Not to mention...charm, wit and personality!

Welcome. A great site.

All the info you will ever need to assert your second amendment along with your other rights.

Look around enough, and you can find an answer to most any question you might have.
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 04-02-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Hello from across the moat. We are trying very hard to rediscover our 2A rights here so we watch how VA does it !