• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My welcome thread!

Bowesmobile

I didn't see a welcome forum and so if there is one, please admin., move it there. I am very happy to have found this site! It has given me the knowledge and confidence to open carry. Thank you for putting this site together and all the people who have contributed information and knowledge so that we all may enjoy our freedoms!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I didn't see a welcome forum and so if there is one, please admin., move it there. I am very happy to have found this site! It has given me the knowledge and confidence to open carry. Thank you for putting this site together and all the people who have contributed information and knowledge so that we all may enjoy our freedoms!

Welcome aboard OCDO - see that you got some of your answers here.

Sign up for the free Va-Alert and stay current with the changes in the laws and what is happening throughout the state.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We have a breakfast almost every Sat morning and an OC dinner once a month. Look for the stickies at the top of the VA sub-forum - always a lot of good conversation. Think you would enjoy it.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Another welcome to OCDO and the fun that is the Virginia forum. Glad to hear you are signed up/on with VCDL. If you are interested in a fast course in firearms rights consider volunteering to work the VCDL table at one of the gun shows - no knowledge needed but you will learn just from watching and listening.

Come out and meet us at breakfast every Saturday and at dinner each month. It's good to put faces and names together.

Look for the OC in Richmond thread - your experiences and insights as a newbie (at least to the forum) will be appreciated.

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Another South of the James by Invitation Only

Welcome.

The weekly breakfasts are always interesting and they have even started having them on our side of the river once in a while. (like this past weekend when I had to work. I think Skid planned it that way ;>)

The monthly dinners are rotated from one location to another but the food is usually good and the fellowship is always great.

Watch for the notice to be posted.

The Wolfhound

Welcome to the OCDO forum

By now, since you already jumped in, you know the water is fine. You will find the forum a great repository of knowledge and opinion. Occaisionally they occur together. :p

riverrat10k

Welcome. A great site.

All the info you will ever need to assert your second amendment along with your other rights.

Look around enough, and you can find an answer to most any question you might have.

Last edited: