Thread: motorcycle carry question since CCW

motorcycle carry question since CCW

so i know that last year and before we had discussed motorcycle carry, and it was the whole "encase, and where to store it on a motorcycle" deal.

now with CCW, i have new questions that i was curious how others deal with it.

i haven't found any conceal holsters that i've been comfortable with (either in wearing, or in retention), so for now i use a fobus paddle holster. I'm looking into trying some different holsters, but after having gotten my new fobus and wearing it while working on the property, i thought of something.

i don't care if i OC or CC, but i've noticed that when i get dressed, i just "throw" my shirt over and go about my business. then after moving around a bit, my shirt pulls up and over the gun and stays there fully exposing it. ok fine......whatever.
    but suddenly i realized.

if i go from being on my property and hop on my bike, my shirt will obviously get blown back while moving, fully exposing my gun. so while i don't really care, i wonder if it would make more sense for me to conceal it, so other motorists don't freak out and call the cops, who end up pulling me over, who end up making me late for my run to the gas station to get cigarettes, etc..etc..etc.. so i've been wondering if perhaps i should get a shoulder holster that i could wear under my vest/jacket, or if i should just put the gun in the inside pocket of my vest (keltec pf-9. small light gun). or do i just say screw it and leave it on my belt???

how are some of you other riders carrying on the bike now that we have the permits???

MC Carry

Hello,

I use a Shoulder holster for my 92 and also my cougar .40 as well hope that helps.

I carry a Glock 30 and two spare mags. The firearm sits in a Crossbreed style holster I made. Earlier this month when we had warm temps I was riding in a t-shirt and the firearm was never exposed. Retention is excellent and adjustable.

Well I know someone who rode their motorcycle to the WCI meeting in Milwaukee.... gun visible. Maybe he will step forward to talk about it.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

I ride a moped and have my full size beretta in a serpa come into view all the time via top open shirt flapping in the wind. Not once been pulled over. If you have ccl don't sweat it. OC is legal if it pops out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Well I know someone who rode their motorcycle to the WCI meeting in Milwaukee.... gun visible. Maybe he will step forward to talk about it.
    Wasn't me but I don't have a CC weapon yet (my Ruger .40 is too big) so I ride with my sidearm holster. It has a hammer strap so I feel ok about riding with it.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

I've been doing the OC thing on my bike for a couple of weeks now, holster on hip... still waiting to see lights in the mirror. IIRC though, without a CCL you still have to watch out for school zones, right?
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Yep, no license for carry and your in violation of GFSZ crap.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up You carry what you want to and I'll carry what I want to....

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    I carry a Glock 30 and two spare mags. The firearm sits in a Crossbreed style holster I made. Earlier this month when we had warm temps I was riding in a t-shirt and the firearm was never exposed. Retention is excellent and adjustable.

Do you prefer IWB or OWB carry for the Leiny?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post

Yea I heard about that guy too. It was a Safariland paddle if I recall.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Do you prefer IWB or OWB carry for the Leiny?
    I carry that in my strong hand with a thumbs forward grip

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    I carry that in my strong hand with a thumbs forward grip
    You can get a holster for that, too.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Where do you get your materials , i have a Kholster that looks very much like that , use it every day , works great but i would like more for other guns and if i could make my own that would be even better
    what does it cost per holster for materials

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCountyPete View Post
    Where do you get your materials , i have a Kholster that looks very much like that , use it every day , works great but i would like more for other guns and if i could make my own that would be even better
    what does it cost per holster for materials
    Knifekits.com

Also plenty of YouTube videos to how you how. Dude named PhillyEDC has a few good vids.