• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member From Rutherfordton, NC

Web Design Guy

I recently began to OC again, not so much for protection as I live in a very peaceful place and do not frequent the parts where the "bad stuff" happens but it is my right to carry so I do. Everyday it seems we lose another right and exercising the ones that we have left seems like a good idea to me.

I would like to attempt to share info with the local public about OCing and theoretically get more people involved. I own a web design firm so i can easily create websites etc, in fact that is how i came upon this site i was planning to start a group, nc open carry.org but it exists already with a following which is awesome. I do have some influence in the community and since i began carrying quite a few others have as well, following my lead but i would rather more people carry because they understand what it means rather than because Trevor does it. I think the message behind it is just as important as the action of doing it.

Other than all that I work all the time, I like honesty i dont really sugar coat things, I have a great girl that also carries and i have a Pit named Beast that is the biggest baby in the world, the rest is pretty boring unfortunately :)

Shimmer

I recently began to OC again, not so much for protection as I live in a very peaceful place and do not frequent the parts where the "bad stuff" happens but it is my right to carry so I do. Everyday it seems we lose another right and exercising the ones that we have left seems like a good idea to me.

I would like to attempt to share info with the local public about OCing and theoretically get more people involved. I own a web design firm so i can easily create websites etc, in fact that is how i came upon this site i was planning to start a group, nc open carry.org but it exists already with a following which is awesome. I do have some influence in the community and since i began carrying quite a few others have as well, following my lead but i would rather more people carry because they understand what it means rather than because Trevor does it. I think the message behind it is just as important as the action of doing it.

Other than all that I work all the time, I like honesty i dont really sugar coat things, I have a great girl that also carries and i have a Pit named Beast that is the biggest baby in the world, the rest is pretty boring unfortunately :)

Welcome to the forum, good to hear from you. Goes without saying that I'm an OC'er as well, from just up north and over a bit from you in Hickory. If you ever need any support, just "holler" as they say.

Web Design Guy

Hickory is just a down the road, i dont get up that way much as we usually end up in Greenville or charlotte. Do you do much shooting? We shoot handguns alot but also shoot our black guns frequently as well.

toddr

Also new to site

Guy,
I'm up the road in Morganton.

Just signed up on this site because of a discussion concerning open carry on another forum.

I haven't started carrying yet but am encouraged by the posts I've seen in this forum concerning experiences from around the state. I'm not comfortable to OC yet as I haven't reviewed all the laws and such concerning where we are NOT allowed to carry.

Todd