• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Mexico OC

40lover

Hi everyone,

I got one basic question. Is carrying your firearm in a holster on your hip considered open carry or concealed in NM? I'm looking at carrying very soon. I've never carried before but i want to protect my family if needed. Not sure if some of you know the NM OC laws but I'm just curious if holster on your hip is considered open or concealed. Thank you for the input anyone.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Scroll-down in the Forum Index area where the States are located ("Stories from the States")...find New Mexico and post your question there.

State-specific questions are best posted in the appropriate state's "own" Forum.

P.S. If you're in the ABQ/Rio Rancho area, you might want to plan attending one of their OC get-together outings. There's even a standing weekly event. And, of course, our yearly December OC Get-Together Extravaganza!

Or start one in your area...

Last edited:

40lover

Scroll-down in the Forum Index area where the States are located ("Stories from the States")...find New Mexico and post your question there.

State-specific questions are best posted in the appropriate state's "own" Forum.

P.S. If you're in the ABQ/Rio Rancho area, you might want to plan attending one of their OC get-together outings. There's even a standing weekly event. And, of course, our yearly December OC Get-Together Extravaganza!

Or start one in your area...

okay, thanks man. i was looking forever for a thread with this topic but couldnt find one. thank you again.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
You're welcome...

You also may want to edit your user profile and include what part of NM you live in so it appears at the left under your Forum Member name, where it says "Location."

It seems most of the members here are in the North (ABQ area) but there are members in Las Cruces and Alamogordo (and Clovis, too, IIRC). And a while back, there was one in Taos.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
40lover

Great!

One more thing: Check out this other NM thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?93423-How-many-here-from-Cruces

...maybe you can get a hold of some of these "Las Cruceans" (pronounced "Las Crustaceans" -- just kidding) for a get-together.

Also, someone in L-C should take the lead in organizing something, at least once a month would seem doable. For example, a Saturday or Sunday afternoon at the Village Inn Lohman & Telshor) or, do it Wednesdays (like the ABQ Ocers do) because Wednesdays are their Free Pie day (IIRC). ;-)

And there's a Starbucks almost next door if you want to go there and OC (on the other side of Applebee's, across from Albertson's supermarket) .

Good luck...

Last edited: