• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CLSD -- Defender of our rights! Thank you for oposing SB59

D

Darth2A-Dfnder

I used to post here, but have been hanging out mostly on MGO these days. I saw a post referring me to CLSD's position on SB59 and I thought I'd come here to post!

GeneralDet,

I support your position on SB 59. This evil legislation must be stopped!

I will oppose any bill unless it allows my 16 year old Felon son (who was convicted at age 7 of bludgeoning his kindergarten teach to death with a mace) can open or conceal carry his Uzi at his "youth camp" (prison/school) without any permits.

* CPLs are unconstitutional
* Purchase Permits are unconstitutional
* Age limits are unconstitutional
* Felon prohibitions are unconstitutional

To that end, I will be at the Con Carry rally on May 19th. There, on the steps on the capitol, I will be smelting all of my modern handguns (I can't sell them to anyone as that would involve unconstitutional CPLs or Purchase permits). I will also burn my hard-plastic CPL (I was one of the "lucky" ones to get hard plastic). I will be leaving the molten metal and plastic from my guns and CPL on the steps of the Capitol as a mark that will scar the steps so that way every legislature will have to see it on the way into session. They will remember me!

We need to stop SB 59 because it simply doesn't go all the way!

I hope you, GeneralDet, Warchild, and Michigander, will join me in this exercise on May 19th. After all, how can you be for Con Carry yet have a CPL and modern handguns -- it seems hypocritical. We must all follow the steps of the great path laid by CrossPistols

I'm so glad a firearms right group speaks for me! God bless CLSD!! John Roshek (signed President CLSD) hit it right on the head! A true patriot he is! It take quite a defender of our rights to say "NO!" when what they are giving us just isn't plain good enough!

I look forward to proudly standing side by side with him as we both open carry our our antique pistols!

stainless1911

Banned
hippo.png

I used to post here, but have been hanging out mostly on MGO these days. I saw a post referring me to CLSD's position on SB59 and I thought I'd come here to post!

GeneralDet,

I will oppose any bill unless it allows my 16 year old Felon son (who was convicted at age 7 of bludgeoning his kindergarten teach to death with a mace) can open or conceal carry his Uzi at his "youth camp" (prison/school) without any permits.

To that end, I will be at the Con Carry rally on May 19th. There, on the steps on the capitol, I will be smelting all of my modern handguns (I can't sell them to anyone as that would involve unconstitutional CPLs or Purchase permits). I will also burn my hard-plastic CPL (I was one of the "lucky" ones to get hard plastic). I will be leaving the molten metal and plastic from my guns and CPL on the steps of the Capitol as a mark that will scar the steps so that way every legislature will have to see it on the way into session. They will remember me!

I hope you, GeneralDet, Warchild, and Michigander, will join me in this exercise on May 19th. After all, how can you be for Con Carry yet have a CPL and modern handguns -- it seems hypocritical. We must all follow the steps of the great path laid by CrossPistols

I'm so glad a firearms right group speaks for me! God bless CLSD!! John Roshek (signed President CLSD) hit it right on the head! A true patriot he is! It take quite a defender of our rights to say "NO!" when what they are giving us just isn't plain good enough!

I look forward to proudly standing side by side with him as we both open carry our our antique pistols!

Welcome back.

Maybe these guys could help MHA. They're looking for lobbyists to get this bill killed. They seem to have the same agenda.

Last edited:
D

Darth2A-Dfnder

Is CLSD really opposing this bill?

Yes they are! See this blog post!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012Why SB 59 is a bad thing for gun owners
My friends, after a long and drawn out battle over our domain name with another company our site is back and we have a VERY urgent message for you!

Currently there is a bill up for vote called SB59. Some of you may be aware of this bill and its contents, other may not. Recently, some of our members asked for our feedback on this bill. Several key topics are included in SB59, the main issue being allowing citizens who take an extra day of CPL training to carry in pistol free zones. This bill does nothing to restore our Constitutional Rights, nor does it bring us closer to our goal of Constitutional Carry. In fact the only thing this bill does is continue to dangle the carrot in front of lawful gun owners that if we want the "right" to carry in pistol free zones we need more training as mandated by the Government. Individuals will not be forced to take this additional training if they do not choose, but they will be forced to take it if they wish to exercise a right that they should have anyway. If I can open carry in a school or a bar with a valid CPL with no additional training that what I have already received, how does putting my shirt over my firearm make me less responsible therefore requiring me to take more training?

We always say that laws make no sense, this one is no different. The goal should be to repeal current legislation, not continue to layer it with more nonsensical bureaucratic red tape. Some will argue that you need to take "baby steps" to accomplish the overall goal, you can't get there in one leap, it takes time. In my opinion this is a cop out. If all firearm owners united and fought for Constitutional Carry the message to our elected officials would be overwhelming, but instead society has become accustom to taking bread crumbs we are given. Have we lost our way? Have we forgotten that WE are the people that our Constitution refers to? Have we become so indoctrinated that we grab the first thing thrown our way and call it a step in the right direction? I pray we have not gotten to that point. I believe that there is still fight in us to take back what is rightfully ours.

In short, CLSD can not support SB59 in its current form. This contradicts that very principles that I founded this organization on. On May 19th at the Constitutional Carry Rally I will deliver a speech on restoring our rights, if we supported this bill I would not even be able to look you all in the eye, how could I stand up there and say, "I support Constitutional Carry and the 2nd Amendment, BUT......". General Patton was quoted as saying "Anyone, in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and the American way."

I encourage all members to research this bill for yourselves and draw your own conclusions.

We will NOT compromise! We will not settle! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Carry on,

John Roshek
President / CEO, Citizens League For Self Defense, Inc.

GO CLSD!

If gun owners in Michigan are successful in killing this bill, I'd bet the farm that there will never ever be any legislation that will ever see the light of day that is even close to being acceptable to any gun owner whatsoever. We have the ear of them right now. They are using 12 years of CPL history to enhance the law. If this passes we will be able to show history in accomplishing future changes. If it is killed by the Fudds, we will have nothing.

TheQ

If this bill dies, I hope the people opposing it can get something better introduced. I sincerely hope in the end, if this bill dies because of gun owner opposition, that we will have something better in 5 years than we would have had if this passes.

Some otherwise pro-gun legislators have told me they are tired trying to please gun owners -- because no matter how hard they try to get something passed (I know people who spend hundreds of hours negotiating a pro-gun package) gun owners never seem satisfied. I hope there are strong legislators left with the unwavering fortitude of the Himalayas who won't just throw their hands up in the air and quit trying.

Remember this is the same guy, John Roshek aka GeneralDet, that was the president of MOC who up and quit for no good reason at all. He left MOC out to dry. Now he's trying to usurp all gun carriers in Michigan with his my way or the highway mentality.

Last edited:

And he's not the only quitter that's trying to do this.

Warchild and the novelist Michigander are in bed with him.

stainless1911

Banned
If gun owners in Michigan are successful in killing this bill, I'd bet the farm that there will never ever be any legislation that will ever see the light of day that is even close to being acceptable to any gun owner whatsoever. We have the ear of them right now. They are using 12 years of CPL history to enhance the law. If this passes we will be able to show history in accomplishing future changes. If it is killed by the Fudds, we will have nothing.

QFT.jpg

xmanhockey7

If this bill dies, I hope the people opposing it can get something better introduced. I sincerely hope in the end, if this bill dies because of gun owner opposition, that we will have something better in 5 years than we would have had if this passes.

Some otherwise pro-gun legislators have told me they are tired trying to please gun owners -- because no matter how hard they try to get something passed (I know people who spend hundreds of hours negotiating a pro-gun package) gun owners never seem satisfied. I hope there are strong legislators left with the unwavering fortitude of the Himalayas who won't just throw their hands up in the air and quit trying.

I agree. If this bill dies I'd like to see them get bills like the elimination of PFZs to get passed committees let alone becoming law. If they can't I'll make sure to let them know my displeasure with their lack of doing anything to further gun rights.

NHCGRPR45

GeneralDet,

And maybe you'll get a nice new littering ticket, that no doubt will come out of the coffers of your loyal followers!
:banghead:
Remember people when I said that this group was a bad Idea?? When I was then secretary of MOC??? Shocking ain't it??

Last edited:
D

Darth2A-Dfnder

Remember people when I said that this group was a bad Idea?? When I was then secretary of MOC??? Shocking ain't it??

Don't trash CLSD! Since you were the secretary of MOC let me ask you what MOC has done lately to defend our rights other than "compromise" them away?

Last edited: