Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waffle House Nationwide No-Carry Policy Now In Effect

Waffle House Nationwide No-Carry Policy Now In Effect

Waffle House adopts NO GUN Policy

by HOSS

on: Today at 10:44:46 AM

MEMBERS: Please take action on this Post!

Today, March 30th, 2012 at 9:54 a.m. I received a call from Mr. Jeff Wright with the Waffle House Corporate office. Mr Wright advised me that Waffle House Nationwide has adopted a No Firearms Policy for all locations. In our discussion, Mr. Wright fully agreed with me that this policy will have absolutely no impact on criminals, but he stated that Corporate Officers had made the decision due to actions by armed customers who were not criminals or of criminal intent. Their decision, he stated, was based on legal matters that result from allowing armed customers. I advised him that following local and state laws would serve that purpose, but we agreed "our" discussion did not impact the Corporate decision, and that I should seek change in other ways.

I do not participate on any other OC/CC websites besides AGR, so any Member who do, please pass along this request for action.

Please contact Waffle House with your comments on their NO FIREARMS POLICY. This is easily done by going to wafflehouse.com and using their "COMMENT" tab.

I will no longer support this business, until their Policy for Firearms follows local and state laws.

ADDITION: by HOSS
    Mr. Jeff Wright's telephone call is the only evidence I have of Waffle House Corporate Policy. However, HE called the number I supplied WH, and knew of my request for Policy. I am comfortable with these credentials of credibility. I do not, however, have anything in writing.

Last Edit: Today at 01:46:14 PM by HOSS

Waffle House corporate office is located in Norcross, GA, in an open-carry state...

http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/contact-us

Customer Call Line:
    1-877-9-WAFFLE
    Waffle House Inc.
    5986 Financial Drive
    Norcross, GA. 30071
    (770) 729-5700
    Our hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST)
    Last edited by Kirbinator; 03-30-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Accomplished Advocate
    the solution should be simple. if ever one of them is robbed, the store should be sued for any physical injuries sustained and all emotional distress from the trauma.

I will fire off a letter. Until they change their policy, it will be no Waffle House for me. What a shame...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by DKSuddeth View Post
    the solution should be simple. if ever one of them is robbed, the store should be sued for any physical injuries sustained and all emotional distress from the trauma.
    Plus 1. I believe thats what happened to Walmart.

This is nothing new. Most of us who have been active on this forum already know that Waffle House has had a NO GUN policy for years.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by sraacke View Post
    This is nothing new. Most of us who have been active on this forum already know that Waffle House has had a NO GUN policy for years.
    Yea, an employee of WH and I was discussing this one day. I didn't mind their "rules" much because, for some reason, my closest WH does not enforce that one against me (probably because I have a gun). But it is a crying shame. Everyone of us (should) realize that you cannot stop criminals from breaking rules if you can't stop them from breaking the law but it is hard to convince the antis of this.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Sent.
    I have just become aware of your no firearms policy. This is fine with me as it is pertains to your properties and you certainly have the right to ban whatever you feel the need to.
    My question is, when someone comes to rob one of your stores at gunpoint, will you have the employees ask him to leave due to the fact he has a gun? Maybe he could come back with something not quite so offensive (I always preferred a stick with nails in it) to rob them with?
    People that rob businesses have already commited a felony or two by using a firearm to commit this act, do you seriously think they will heed your no firearms policy? Will a sign keep them outside yelling for everyone to "stick'em up" through the windows? If the jukebox is playing how will people hear them?
    I am hoping that you may reconsider your policy and realize that people that break the law willingly don't usually pay much attention to signs. Also, how many thieves research corporate policy before commiting armed robbery? Maybe three? Four? I don't know, I don't have those statistics.
    Hoping all of you and your employees and customers stay safe. Have a great day! Walter

Strange, I just got back from having breakfast with the BF in a local Wafflehouse not but half an hour ago. We both was OC'ing, and had a very enjoyable breakfast. The Waitress, and Manager didn't say anything to us about no firearms being allowed, there was no posted signage, had a good, fun time while there. The Manager asked about the BF's SIG, and talked about wanting to own one, and advice on OC'ing himself. Waitress was calm and cool, and even put a cherry on my hot cocoa w/ whipped cream <3

If this policy has taken effect, either it hasn't reached all their locations yet, some of their locations are ignoring it or not saying anything about it, or just don't care.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

1) silly...just....silly
    2) not a fine-dining establishment I have any desire to subject myself to, anyway
    3) if they prefer to subject their staff and patrons to potentially lethal (and incredibly desperate for cash, if they are bothering to rob a mostly empty establishment) robberies and assaults by armed criminals-without the potential for armed law-abiding citzens to help out, then more power to em. will just highlight how silly the policy is.
    4) simple sollution: refuse to give such places with such policies your biz. they deny your rights- deny them your $$

I don't particularly care for waffles, and now I have nothing but disdain for Waffle House. (Made note to self... DO NOT FREQUENT WAFFLE HOUSE!) Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Decision purely related to public relations. Maybe they should ban reading, open toed shoes, nappy hair and public assembly as well.

It stuns me that this policy is better than no policy at all.

Fools.
    Last edited by paramedic70002; 03-31-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    [B][URL="http://alabamaopencarry.com/forum/index.php?topic=3492.msg45106#msg45106"]

Today, March 30th, 2012 at 9:54 a.m. I received a call from Mr. Jeff Wright with the Waffle House Corporate office. Mr Wright advised me that Waffle House Nationwide has adopted a No Firearms Policy for all locations. In our discussion, Mr. Wright fully agreed with me that this policy will have absolutely no impact on criminals, but he stated that Corporate Officers had made the decision due to actions by armed customers who were not criminals or of criminal intent. Their decision, he stated, was based on legal matters that result from allowing armed customers. I advised him that following local and state laws would serve that purpose, but we agreed "our" discussion did not impact the Corporate decision, and that I should seek change in other ways.
    Did he happen to say specifically what "actions by armed customers" prompted this?
    I guess this is OK since IHOP now serves chicken & waffle dishes.

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-gal View Post
    I guess this is OK since IHOP now serves chicken & waffle dishes.
    Was very disappointed because I love Waffle House.

But, thanks for the heads up about IHOP.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

I thought IHOP was anti-gun as well?

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Not as far as I can tell. Been in several in VA. Never had a problem.

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Nope. LOCAL has been having regular business meetings and meetups at IHOP for sometime now due to their neutrality on the subject.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Guess someone needs to remind them of this and the dozen other events where legally armed individuals stopped armed robberies of their locations.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sraacke View Post
    Nope. LOCAL has been having regular business meetings and meetups at IHOP for sometime now due to their neutrality on the subject.
    Awesome. I guess they're following Walmart and Starbucks' lead on following local and state laws.

What possessed you to inquire about their firearms policy?
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post

MEMBERS: Please take action on this Post!

In our discussion, Mr. Wright fully agreed with me that this policy will have absolutely no impact on criminals, but he stated that Corporate Officers had made the decision due to actions by armed customers who were not criminals or of criminal intent. Their decision, he stated, was based on legal matters that result from allowing armed customers.
    Mr. Wright sounds like a reasonable man. He understands that corporate policy doesn't really affect bad guys with guns, so he is not being fooled by the usual lib/lefty/anti GFZ-ideal mentality. He (corporate) is being logical.

And corporate is relying on the appropriate evidence--actions by legally armed customers in WF--to justify the corporate policy.

Kind of hard to argue WF's corporate logic. And kind of hard to support selection of boycott as the appropriate response. A boycott, by itself, doesn't make much sense, really.

The intelligent and productive thing to "take action" about is regarding what those "armed customers" (non-badguys) did. Whatever they did is hurting the public image of lawful gun carriers (OC and/or CC). And if that information is communicated to, say, IHOP, it may soon follow suit.

It's possible that the evidence that corporate is relying on is wrong. Or old, or improperly analyzed. Need to get a look at that before any retaliatory action.

Boycotts are almost always bad strategy. If they are based on simplism, they are always bad strategy.

Just got back from my local Waffle House in Stephens City, VA. They are posted but not properly. Instead of posting the signage required by State they have a yellow all inclusive sign prohibiting, alcohol, firearms, loitering, and the storing of vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by cyras21 View Post
    Just got back from my local Waffle House in Stephens City, VA. They are posted but not properly. Instead of posting the signage required by State they have a yellow all inclusive sign prohibiting, alcohol, firearms, loitering, and the storing of vehicles.
    Interesting.

Did you have breakfast there?

I ate at the local one here last week over by my parents house. never even noticed a sign and they said nothing to me. lol the employees probably don't know the policy or don't care.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cyras21 View Post
    It is common on ones in Kentucky too. But I still eat at my closest WH because they know I have a gun and even said it was fine by them.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast