• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waffle House Nationwide No-Carry Policy Now In Effect

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot hiding in plane view.
Was this a typo or a pun?

Yes. :p

The signs are not exactly placed where a reasonable person could be expected to see them........unless in an aircraft.

PistolPackingMomma

Cracker barrel has a no gun policy to I believe. It's just loosely enforced. Depending on where you go.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Actually, their policy is no OC, but CC is okay. It is loosely enforced, but still corporate policy.

georg jetson

Actually, their policy is no OC, but CC is okay. It is loosely enforced, but still corporate policy.

There is an old Biblical proverb I don't have time to look up right now... something about one person saying they will help and not doing and the other saying they wont but actually does.

Anyway... I OC in a couple of different CB's around here and never have had an issue. Regardless of their policy, if they don't bother me, I patronize. Plus, they're food is better beyond words than WH or IHOP.

Brian D.

Awful House and I-Hop both serve 24/7 locally. Coffee is better IMO at the latter. They both provide late night entertainment.

Around here in CincyTuckyland one or more of the IHOP's are posted with 'no weapons' signage, rather prominently. Closest thing to a reason any manager has given me is because they seem to fear/dread a certain percentage of their late night patrons. Hard to argue against such lack of logic.

Fortunately the nearest IHOP to me has a Steak 'n' Shake (at least hereabouts they are gun-friendly) one block closer, so that's where my breakfast or late night dining dollars are spent. Some of the staff even know I'm armed and appreciate that fact. (Can't very well bring new folks to our side without disclosing my personal status, at least that's sometimes part of how I conduct such advocacy.)

jato

Well, it's official. I got a call back from WH legal. No firearms allowed, either employees or customers. IHOP it is!

That is interesting. I OC and I OC in WH whenever I go there. I have never had a problem. Not one of the employees has ever said anything to me about my firearm. As a matter of fact I never knew they had a no firearms policy. I wish I had because today I met the owner. He owns quite a few WHs (over 200) and happened to be in this one this morning. He and my family had a nice chat on and off from the time he greeted us at the door til the time he left. He made of point of comming back to our table and saying goodbye to us when he left.

I can't image he did not notice my firearm on my hip. During our conbersation he even mentioned the law in Kennesaw requiring gun ownership for homeowers. I smiled and told him I happily complied with that law. But again no mention of my side arm. We talked about all kinds of stuff. He even offered my son a job when he got older, introduced him to the manager and gave him some down to earth worldly advice about about a number of thing. I even mentioned to my wife that he was one of the nicest people I have met since we moved down here. He is listed as a VP on his business card which he gave me and told me if I ever needed anything to call him.

I have never noticed a sign on any door of any WH I have ever been in and I have been in a lot. Don't get me wrong I am not saying HW corporate does not have an issue with people carrying. But again no one has ever said anything to me about my weapon. I treat people and businesses they way they treat me and until WH treats me poorly I will continue to eat their steak & eggs.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is one of those threads that will likely never die :)

Every Waffle House I have ever been in has a small yellow sign at the extreme upper facade (near the roof line) at the end of the building - seems designed to be viewed by delivery drivers sitting on top of their trucks.

Yep - most WH are franchise operations - maybe all of them, don't know. Have only been denied service once many years ago and I generally eat at one once a week.

Stopped ordering their steaks though - gristle and eggs doesn't work for me. Definitely room for improvement.

Last edited:

77zach

Stopped ordering their steaks though - gristle and eggs doesn't work for me. Definitely room for improvement.

Petroleum products known collectively as "spread" or "margarine" don't work for me. They don't even stock real butter anymore. Screw wafflehouse, says I.

OldCurlyWolf

That is interesting. I OC and I OC in WH whenever I go there. I have never had a problem. Not one of the employees has ever said anything to me about my firearm. As a matter of fact I never knew they had a no firearms policy. I wish I had because today I met the owner. He owns quite a few WHs (over 200) and happened to be in this one this morning. He and my family had a nice chat on and off from the time he greeted us at the door til the time he left. He made of point of comming back to our table and saying goodbye to us when he left.

I can't image he did not notice my firearm on my hip. During our conbersation he even mentioned the law in Kennesaw requiring gun ownership for homeowers. I smiled and told him I happily complied with that law. But again no mention of my side arm. We talked about all kinds of stuff. He even offered my son a job when he got older, introduced him to the manager and gave him some down to earth worldly advice about about a number of thing. I even mentioned to my wife that he was one of the nicest people I have met since we moved down here. He is listed as a VP on his business card which he gave me and told me if I ever needed anything to call him.

I have never noticed a sign on any door of any WH I have ever been in and I have been in a lot. Don't get me wrong I am not saying HW corporate does not have an issue with people carrying. But again no one has ever said anything to me about my weapon. I treat people and businesses they way they treat me and until WH treats me poorly I will continue to eat their steak & eggs.

Check up high about Midway between the door and the rear of the store. That is where I have seen some signs posted. Other than that, nothing.
:D

OC4me

What are you waiting for...you have got his business card. Time to call him about that policy!

Sir Diealotz

Huddle House food > Waffle House Food

The few times I've been in a Waffle House OC, nothing was said to me. Most recent time was this spring about 11PM on the way home from drag racing.

Logan 5

I don't understand. Why have a hissy fit over this? Seriously. Think about this, guys.
Why not just carry on like before and only have a fit WHEN (or better yet, IF) they say something?

I think you're putting the cart before the horse here.