• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waffle House Nationwide No-Carry Policy Now In Effect

HankT

State Researcher
MEMBERS: Please take action on this Post!

In our discussion, Mr. Wright fully agreed with me that this policy will have absolutely no impact on criminals, but he stated that Corporate Officers had made the decision due to actions by armed customers who were not criminals or of criminal intent. Their decision, he stated, was based on legal matters that result from allowing armed customers.

Mr. Wright sounds like a reasonable man. He understands that corporate policy doesn't really affect bad guys with guns, so he is not being fooled by the usual lib/lefty/anti GFZ-ideal mentality. He (corporate) is being logical.

And corporate is relying on the appropriate evidence--actions by legally armed customers in WF--to justify the corporate policy.

Kind of hard to argue WF's corporate logic. And kind of hard to support selection of boycott as the appropriate response. A boycott, by itself, doesn't make much sense, really.

The intelligent and productive thing to "take action" about is regarding what those "armed customers" (non-badguys) did. Whatever they did is hurting the public image of lawful gun carriers (OC and/or CC). And if that information is communicated to, say, IHOP, it may soon follow suit.

It's possible that the evidence that corporate is relying on is wrong. Or old, or improperly analyzed. Need to get a look at that before any retaliatory action.

Boycotts are almost always bad strategy. If they are based on simplism, they are always bad strategy.

cyras21

Just got back from my local Waffle House in Stephens City, VA. They are posted but not properly. Instead of posting the signage required by State they have a yellow all inclusive sign prohibiting, alcohol, firearms, loitering, and the storing of vehicles.

HankT

State Researcher
Just got back from my local Waffle House in Stephens City, VA. They are posted but not properly. Instead of posting the signage required by State they have a yellow all inclusive sign prohibiting, alcohol, firearms, loitering, and the storing of vehicles.
Interesting.

Did you have breakfast there?

KYKevin

I ate at the local one here last week over by my parents house. never even noticed a sign and they said nothing to me. lol the employees probably don't know the policy or don't care.

09jisaac

It is common on ones in Kentucky too. But I still eat at my closest WH because they know I have a gun and even said it was fine by them.

boyd62

What possessed you to inquire about their firearms policy?

Two members of Alabama open carry were denied entry to WH is the reason for the inquirey.
If WH has had a no firearms policy in the past it has not been enforced in the central Alabama area.

Brimstone Baritone

Mr. Wright sounds like a reasonable man. He understands that corporate policy doesn't really affect bad guys with guns, so he is not being fooled by the usual lib/lefty/anti GFZ-ideal mentality. He (corporate) is being logical.

And corporate is relying on the appropriate evidence--actions by legally armed customers in WF--to justify the corporate policy.

Kind of hard to argue WF's corporate logic. And kind of hard to support selection of boycott as the appropriate response. A boycott, by itself, doesn't make much sense, really.

The intelligent and productive thing to "take action" about is regarding what those "armed customers" (non-badguys) did. Whatever they did is hurting the public image of lawful gun carriers (OC and/or CC). And if that information is communicated to, say, IHOP, it may soon follow suit.

It's possible that the evidence that corporate is relying on is wrong. Or old, or improperly analyzed. Need to get a look at that before any retaliatory action.

Boycotts are almost always bad strategy. If they are based on simplism, they are always bad strategy.

But perhaps they will see the error of their logic and ban the behavior instead of the object associated with it. It is interesting that the same people who acted in a manner WH didn't agree with are still welcome, but only if they are unarmed... The least they could do is be more specific about what behavior it is that spawned the (enforcement of the) policy.

Personally, I think they don't want any more crimes prevented in their establishments. Maybe they've been sued by failed criminals, or their families, for injuries sustained "on the job".

Jack House

Good thing about Texas is that the signs must be posted where they can be easily seen.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Steeler-gal

Good thing they don't allow guns there ;)

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

OldCurlyWolf

Local Waffle House is a Franchise and is not posted. Here if they aren't properly posted it doesn't matter if they have that policy. Of course in Texas & Oklahoma there is no or very limited OC.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I love waffles and make some very good ones here in my own little kitchen. But, I do like to go to WH for a treat now and then. No worries here in bellingham Wa, but I think I will stop by and do a recon.
more later

Silvertongue

I've been open carrying regularly at my local Waffle House in rural Tennessee. The employees are aware of the policy and also refuse to enforce it.

[video=youtube;ywkzQTGkPFg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywkzQTGkPFg[/video]

94EGCoupe

Semi necro post.

Was enraged the other night. Approximately 2:30am and walk into a WH.

Local Sheriff was also in the joint. Walked all the way over and even sat next to him. As always, observe the signage walking in to make sure there is no signs, of course, nothing saying I cant have my piece with me.

Not even 3 minutes after sitting down, I get rudely approached by a woman employee loudly asking if I had a gun. Was polite, said yes and asked if that was a problem as I didnt see signage saying no.

She said, "Pretty sure its against company policy." Me and the Sheriff looked for the signage, both of us couldnt produce any sign saying such. Without further pushing the issue, I simply stated I would leave.

Sheriff was befuddled as to why there was no sign and couldnt produce an answer. Fortunately he was rather remorseful about the situation.

Needless to say, I will not be eating at a Waffle House again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Semi necro post.

Was enraged the other night. Approximately 2:30am and walk into a WH.

Local Sheriff was also in the joint. Walked all the way over and even sat next to him. As always, observe the signage walking in to make sure there is no signs, of course, nothing saying I cant have my piece with me.

Not even 3 minutes after sitting down, I get rudely approached by a woman employee loudly asking if I had a gun. Was polite, said yes and asked if that was a problem as I didnt see signage saying no.

She said, "Pretty sure its against company policy." Me and the Sheriff looked for the signage, both of us couldnt produce any sign saying such. Without further pushing the issue, I simply stated I would leave.

Sheriff was befuddled as to why there was no sign and couldnt produce an answer. Fortunately he was rather remorseful about the situation.

Needless to say, I will not be eating at a Waffle House again.

Frequently found at the roof line, near the back corner of the building - hiding in plane view.

conandan

I've OC'ed at several WH locations in Ga. And MS. Never had any problem or seen any posted signs. One WH in MS Had a sign that said no unlicensed firearms. I'm not sure what they mean by that but no problems.