• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cannabis and GUNS

nny420

Have you ever carried or fired a gun while using marijuana? What was your experience like?

What is the medical affliction you have for which marijuana has been prescribed?

I have carried and fired my gun while medicated. I actually am a pretty damn good shot. My experience was just fine. Keep safety in mind always while shooting ESP because my kids are usually with me and they might be learning but doesn't mean they understand the danger. I actually smoke every day and so my body is used to thc and the other chemicals involved so i don't become "baked or out of control or whatever". in Oregon, Washington county sherrifs department started denying people there chl for having ommp cards. This was taken to court and the Oregon supreme court ruled in favor of the people to get there chl weather they used medical marijuana or not.

I agree my persription is private

Walther

If I was in court over a shooting for self defense the less amunition, (pun intended) against me the better. I think a good lawyer would use any amount of any type of mind altering substance to go against you and put doubt in the mind's of those on the jury. So I would not carry if I used anything like that, even perscription meds. JMHO

Last edited:

nny420

good point

even perscription meds. JMHO

Very good point... how many people use opiets (sp)for health reasons who also use and carry firearms... lots but its "OK" in the eyes of the feds. All drugs should be used with caution and care to avoid any unnessesary risks. But that doesn't mean one always makes Ill judgments when "under the influence". What is addrenalin? Your bodies natural speed. Does that not run the risk of making someone react in ways they normally wouldn't? Potentially even making dangerous choices?

PS everyone who reads my posts I am sorry for bad grammar and spelling. I'm on a tablet and it sucks to type on.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

"Choice" beggars the meaning of medicine and medicine is not prohibited. Your bulwark against selfish ignorance is leaking. None of us would know that you ingest cannabinoids except for your sly bragging on OPEN CARRY dot.org.

MainelyGlock

"Choice" beggars the meaning of medicine and medicine is not prohibited. Your bulwark against selfish ignorance is leaking. None of us would know that you ingest cannabinoids except for your sly bragging on OPEN CARRY dot.org.

A question was asked, and he answered it. How is that "sly bragging"?

nny420

real issues in this country

I think talking about cannabis, alcohol, "legal" drugs, or "illegal" drugs is important for anyone who carries a gun because these things can effect peoples lives... in particular I never thought about what would happen if I had to defend my family myself or my home and I was drinking on that particular night because when drinking it doesn't take much to get me "legally" drunk...

DrakeZ07

If its legal there's no problem. I personally don't drink while OC or CC and if it was legal I wouldn't smoke while I was OC or CC. That's just me. I don't want to be accused of any impairment if I ever need to use my gun.

So you wouldn't OC/CC while smoking a cigarette?

Word play, it's awesome, isn't it?

On a serious note, hey, to each their own, right? Besides, it IS within our constitution/Preamble that all all men/women are created equal, blah blah blah, something about right to the pursuit of happiness, etc etc etc.

OC for ME

Are you on your own property or out amongst the citizenry? Makes a difference....even in the eyes/ears of a jury.

RSMo 571.010 (11) "Intoxicated", substantially impaired mental or physical capacity resulting from introduction of any substance into the body;

RSMo 571.030.1 (5) Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his or her person, while he or she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self-defense;

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c571.htm
It may not be about the impairment, but the circumstances surrounding the results of your actions.

Non-issue except to the no-way no-how crowd.

Steeler-gal

So you wouldn't OC/CC while smoking a cigarette?

Word play, it's awesome, isn't it?

As a matter of fact no, but then again, I don't smoke. :p

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

riverrat10k

What about all the folks on prescription pain killers? Mood drugs? Diabetics? Epileptics?

Don't we all have a right to self-defense?

It is the totality of the engagement, not necessarily who is on what.

sudden valley gunner

What about all the folks on prescription pain killers? Mood drugs? Diabetics? Epileptics?

Don't we all have a right to self-defense?

It is the totality of the engagement, not necessarily who is on what.

No we only get to negatively judge those chemicals not massively produced by big pharmaceutical companies......(sarcasm)

Stanley

Doesn't being impaired by a prescription drug have the same legal results as being impaired by alcohol or drugs?