• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Qik

Flippercon

I ran across a video on youtube a few days ago about encounters with LEO and things that help during the encounter. The guy in the video was talking to a civil rights lawyer throughout the video. He mentioned videos being deleted by police in some cases and the QIK application came up. I have an android based phone that has access to QIK. I downloaded the app and made an account online. I tested the security of it.
I recorded a short video and tried to access it to deleted it. I was unable to delete the video from my phone. I logged on to my account on www.QIK.com and was then able to delete the video. So those of you who record encounters, or those of you who plan to check this out, it may be the advantage you need.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The basic service is free, but, at a glance, I see no mention of the security features. Do you have a more precise link URL to security features. Otherwise, it is very appealing.

Flippercon

The basic service is free, but, at a glance, I see no mention of the security features. Do you have a more precise link URL to security features. Otherwise, it is very appealing.
Not to sure if this is what you are looking for.
http://qik.com/embedded/info/privacy

If anything its another obstruction to delete the video. You can make the videos public as you record if change your mind. I for one was going to use my regular video camera on my phone to record encounters. Thinking about how easy it would be for them to delete or destroy the video if confiscated , Qik seems like that extra barrier of protection.

Last edited: