Thread: spokane transit update-i was only "half accurate"

spokane transit update-i was only "half accurate"

This is an update from my last post about the signs on otside of busses being removed. Its true, there are no longer postings on the bus door saying no firearms allowed. However, there are now half sheets of paper, along side the schedule slots on the bus, that are the "rules of conduct".....number 11 on the back states that "no firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted". This really urks me! I was thinking that we had a victory of sorts...only to see that. Any suggestions on who I should talk to at the plaza? Any input would be appreciated....that way I can take care of it when I get off work this evening, before my commute home. Thanks.

Spokane County, WA
    Maybe its an old rules of conduct sheet? I just looked it up online STA Rules of Conduct, and it appears to have been moved to #13 and reworded appropriately.

13. Carrying, exhibiting, displaying, or drawing any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons, unless otherwise authorized by law (RCW 9.41.270);

P.S. A contact is also there: If you would like a copy sent to you, contact Jan Watson, Clerk of the Authority, at or by calling her at (509) 325-6096.
    Last edited by Thor80; 03-31-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Added contact info

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Whatcom County
    Grab your CPL, ride the bus OC. You are in the clear and if you get questioned about it you can inform them on the how they are not in line with state law.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Spokane, Washington, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Grab your CPL, ride the bus OC. You are in the clear and if you get questioned about it you can inform them on the how they are not in line with state law.
    The truth is, you won't get hassled by STA in Spokane. Several of us have ridden in the last few years with no issues. You can thank ShadowFax for addressing this with management a few years ago. I am glad to see they have finally gotten around to correcting the signage and I am sure the printed rules of conduct will follow shortly.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria