• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

spokane transit update-i was only "half accurate"

p85-GSXwheelman

This is an update from my last post about the signs on otside of busses being removed. Its true, there are no longer postings on the bus door saying no firearms allowed. However, there are now half sheets of paper, along side the schedule slots on the bus, that are the "rules of conduct".....number 11 on the back states that "no firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted". This really urks me!....here I was thinking that we had a victory of sorts...only to see that. Any suggestions on who I should talk to at the plaza? Any input would be appreciated....that way I can take care of it when I get off work this evening, before my commute home. Thanks.

Thor80

Maybe its an old rules of conduct sheet? I just looked it up online STA Rules of Conduct, and it appears to have been moved to #13 and reworded appropriately.

13. Carrying, exhibiting, displaying, or drawing any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons, unless otherwise authorized by law (RCW 9.41.270);

-Thor

P.S. A contact is also there: If you would like a copy sent to you, contact Jan Watson, Clerk of the Authority, at jwatson@spokanetransit.com or by calling her at (509) 325-6096.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Grab your CPL, ride the bus OC. You are in the clear and if you get questioned about it you can inform them on the how they are not in line with state law.:lol:

o2ryan

Grab your CPL, ride the bus OC. You are in the clear and if you get questioned about it you can inform them on the how they are not in line with state law.:lol:

The truth is, you won't get hassled by STA in Spokane. Several of us have ridden in the last few years with no issues. You can thank ShadowFax for addressing this with management a few years ago. I am glad to see they have finally gotten around to correcting the signage and I am sure the printed rules of conduct will follow shortly.