• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 Dead, 12 Hurt In Mass Shooting In North Miami, the worst mass shooting in S. Fla

j4l

"A senior police commander told CBS4 investigative reporter Jim DeFede the shooting took place during a wake for 22-year-old Marvin Andre who died about two weeks ago while trying to evade police in Aventura.

According to the police commander, Andre had some connection to several South Florida gangs and some of those gang members were in attendance at his wake to pay their respects.

However, the commander said, someone at the wake touched Andre’s body in the casket in a way that other gangs took as disrespectful. This led to an argument inside the funeral home which spilled out to the street."

Well there ya go- 1) why there is exactly zero mention of any races (after all, the shooters werent White, or White/Hispanic)
2) when these folks shoot one another over stupid stuff, it's ok, it's just "cultural"

Last edited:

Stanley

Lol. I read it completely different.

I just assumed they were black so there was no need to mention it.

Oh my... I'm bad. Autoracism? Lolol

j4l

Lol. I read it completely different.

I just assumed they were black so there was no need to mention it.

Oh my... I'm bad. Autoracism? Lolol

Well, of course you'd be branded and crusified for daring to jump to any conclusions, despite well-documented, historical accuracy leading most reasonable people to that conclusion, no?

WOD

When I saw the title of the thread, I didn't think COLOR, I immediately thought GANG-RELATED. Usually when there are multiple people shot, it is a gang related or criminal act. Separate color from criminal, then it matters not, unless, the victims were not the intended targets of the shooters. As far as I'm concerned, the gangs can shoot themselves up as much as they want, as long as they kill other gangs. When ordinary people get shot, that is the real shame.

j4l

Well, here's my biggest beef with this, and the Z case in Sanford:
Not so much in recent times, but over the years-here in Jax, at least, this sort of nonsense is so common, it usually doesnt even make it into the news-at all.
UNLESS, a citizen or cop of one particular race/ethnicity is the shooter. Absolutely zero mention is made, often enough, when it's one particular group vs. another- UNLESS a child or some innocent by-stander gets hit.

"Largest mass-shooting in Flordia history"?? are you bloody kidding me? The media seems never to have stepped outdoors after 8pm on a weekend night in Springfield...if so, they'd see shootings on this scale, and even larger, on an almost hourly basis.But no one outside the immediate area, or the local E/R or police dept. would ever hear about it.
But it's usually one criminal element of one racial/ethnic make-up in particular, on both sides of the incident-sooo...
No calls of "outrage"
No declarations by our president of "my kids would look like these victims"
No Al Sharptons marching in the street making a fool of himself
No t-shirts with pictures of these "victims" being marketed
No national outcry about our State's gun laws...
etc. etc., and you get the picture.
It's NOT racist to point out a clear FACT.

Last edited:

Toymaker

j4l,

I don't understand what your issue is with this.

Unlike Trayvon Martin, the dead guy in the casket was shot by the police while he was participating in illegal activity.
Unlike the Trayvon Martin incident, the people at the funeral were obviously gansters shooting at each other. It doesn't matter what color these people are.

We get on the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons of the world for shifting the cause of these obviously criminal related tragedies away from their failed social policies and onto the Second Amendment. People like you then turn around and wonder why they aren't there? What is it that you think they would do if they were there?