Thread: Internal Directives!

Internal Directives!

How does one go about finding what a local PDs directive is, stating that OC is a legal activity in Ohio. At least that way if one is questioned they can at least say " Officer, your departments directive ### states that what I am doing is legal. It's not likely they would inform one if they called and asked. Just as they would likely tell you not to OC.

Thanks in advance for any direction.

Herr Heckler Koch
    The PD that I was associated with has had its Standard Operating Procedures on-line off and on over the years as policy makers have come and gone. At the moment they are not on-line. When I wanted one to use in a discussion here some years ago, it was made available at my request.

I am sure that they are available through a Freedom of Information Request, having been developed at taxpayer expense.

It is not likely that legal conclusions will be standardized, the devil being in the details.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 03-31-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    The PD that I was associated with has had its Standard Operating Procedures on-line off and on over the years as policy makers have come and gone. At the moment they are not on-line. When I wanted one to use in a discussion here some years ago, it was made available at my request.

I am sure that they are available through a Freedom of Information Request, having been developed at taxpayer expense.

It is not likely that legal conclusions will be standardized, the devil being in the details.
    Thank You.