Laws for what.
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vyt5iw
i will be visiting in a month or 2 and i would like to know the laws if anyone has a link or some other way of posting laws that would be great thanks
Be careful of 18 USC § 926A - Interstate transportation of firearms, especially if overnight stops are required for safe travel.
If you see a cop, or meet him at McDonalds, especially if his name is Trooper Green, walk right up to him and tell them you have a weapon!....Better yet....if you see a Trooper going North and you are going South..in Bryan County, specifically the city of Durant....turn around, chase him down and let him know!!! And for GOD'S sake...don't ever...and I mean ever, get a flat!!!
Sorry...just had to say!!!
Last edited by zekester; 04-01-2012 at 10:43 AM.
GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!
To the OP. If you have a concealed carry permit from any state, you can carry concealed in Oklahoma. Carry concealed in your car, on your person, whatever. Notify a police officer on first contact, during the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop. Prohibited places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
3. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;
4. Any elementary or secondary school,
5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and
7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.
Parking lots are specifically exempt, and you can leave it concealed in the car. If you cave a concealed permit, long guns can be carried magazine loaded, but not one in the chamber.
If you do not possess a concealed carry permit, then handguns need to be open and unloaded in the car, or unloaded cased and locked. Long guns cannot be loaded.
Someone chime in if I forgot something.
A point of clarification on duty to notify. You only have to notify if it is a detainment, arrest, or traffic stop, at which point you must notify at first contact. So no if a cop decides to have a "friendly" chat with you you don't have to notify them. Some people think you have to notify any time you come into police contact which isn't true.
I just ask. "Am I being detained?" If the answer is anything that includes the word "no", then I tell the officer, "I really don't have time to chat right now, and I'd really rather just be on my way. Have a nice day." Then turn and walk away.
This of course, would not apply to a traffic stop, you have to notify anyway.
Sorry about jumping your case earlier.. I failed to notice that he asked about Federal transport laws...
Last edited by okiebryan; 04-03-2012 at 02:31 AM.
it summarizes each states laws and where your CWL is honored. Of course the disclaimer is that the info may not be accurate and to check with each states legal authorities.