Thread: Intro and a story

Intro and a story

done
    Last edited by Kaeguri; 04-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Proceeding to the question: Are you going to follow up with the management to see if the issue can be resolved - train their employees better. If you let it pass, then you allow perpetuating the problem - ignorance gets a free pass.

Insofar as the difference in response to your appearance, that is human nature - if it waddles, quacks and has feathers, they'll presume it is a duck. Since we are the ambassadors of OC, many will encourage projecting the best (yes most acceptable) image.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Ooh, well said.

Notice how the OP made clear the stereotype. Wonder how he dresses as a medical school DP student and how he will while building his practice?
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 04-01-2012 at 10:09 AM.

I agree, but for me, its just sad that it comes down to appearances. My biggest thing is I don't feel like I should have to change my clothes (because I do a lot of automotive work when I'm home and tend to wear blue jeans, t-shirt, and a hat) just if I want to run to the store. I know it's not that common to see someone other than LEO's with a firearm. I do have to point out that I walked past quite a few Gwinnett PD officers, and they did nothing. They didn't hassle me or anything. Which I see is a great thing.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeguri View Post
    I do have to point out that I walked past quite a few Gwinnett PD officers, and they did nothing. They didn't hassle me or anything. Which I see is a great thing.
    You must know that Georgia cops are under a microscope being searched for any hint of anti-duck-ism.

Hell, they can't even enjoy Leda and the Swan for fear of accusations of prejudice.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeguri View Post
    I agree, but for me, its just sad that it comes down to appearances. My biggest thing is I don't feel like I should have to change my clothes (because I do a lot of automotive work when I'm home and tend to wear blue jeans, t-shirt, and a hat) just if I want to run to the store. I know it's not that common to see someone other than LEO's with a firearm. I do have to point out that I walked past quite a few Gwinnett PD officers, and they did nothing. They didn't hassle me or anything. Which I see is a great thing.
    Don't think is so much comes down to normal variations in image in this case as you set out to give a particular impression, pushing buttons to get a predictable response.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.