• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC or CC rules concerning funerals?

r1dramma

I was wondering if any of you good folk, could help me out, I'm from NC and I'm headed towards VA as I type this, are there any rules that prohibit oc or cc at funerals?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk Xparent Blue!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks!

I believe that as well, reason for asking is here in NC it's a no no!

I dearly love NC (I'm right on the line) and the people who live there...It's really Virginia without NOVA, but you all need to kick your Legislators in the butt and get some of the old laws off the books.

r1dramma

ocholsteroc

I was wondering if any of you good folk, could help me out, I'm from NC and I'm headed towards VA as I type this, are there any rules that prohibit oc or cc at funerals?

It depends if this is going to be at a church that is K+ school zones. I know when my family had to go to funerals we had them at churches and some had schools in them.

r1dramma

It depends if this is going to be at a church that is K+ school zones. I know when my family had to go to funerals we had them at churches and some had schools in them.

Thanks didn't give it any kind of thought, but I will now, thank you.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
I believe decorum would dictate concealed carry, but that's a personal choice.

Last week a friend and fellow Open Carrier was killed in a motorcycle accident. Myself and others Open Carried at his funeral. I spoke at his funeral and afterwards some employees from the funeral home asked me about the gun laws and I have them some OC cards.
matt.jpg

goodbye.jpg

JoeSparky

Centurion
Last week a friend and fellow Open Carrier was killed in a motorcycle accident. Myself and others Open Carried at his funeral. I spoke at his funeral and afterwards some employees from the funeral home asked me about the gun laws and I have them some OC cards.
matt.jpg

goodbye.jpg

Context would be everything! Personally, I'd have no objection to having oc'ers at my funeral---- not that it will be anytime soon!

45acpForMe

The location of the cemetary may be something to look at. If it is at a cemetary managed by the Army or other federal land it may be an issue. If it is a normal private cemetary it should be ok unless the company that owns it makes an issue but they could only ask you to leave if they did.

In the past I have CC-ed at church services but never OC-ed.

r1dramma

The location of the cemetary may be something to look at. If it is at a cemetary managed by the Army or other federal land it may be an issue. If it is a normal private cemetary it should be ok unless the company that owns it makes an issue but they could only ask you to leave if they did.

In the past I have CC-ed at church services but never OC-ed.

Thanks for the advice I'm just going to cc my bug lcp and leave the daily carry 5.7 locked in the car!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the advice I'm just going to cc my bug lcp and leave the daily carry 5.7 locked in the car!

Any chance I could talk you into leaving the EDC at home safely locked up/away? Your car is not the safest place to leave a handgun unattended - even if it is out of sight.

stay safe.

r1dramma

Any chance I could talk you into leaving the EDC at home safely locked up/away? Your car is not the safest place to leave a handgun unattended - even if it is out of sight.

stay safe.

No worries,I have small bio metric safe that is bolted down.

Walt_Kowalski

Context would be everything! Personally, I'd have no objection to having oc'ers at my funeral---- not that it will be anytime soon!

I'm in the same boat.. Not wanting to go anytime soon, but I would be honored to have my friends open carry at my funeral. I'm proud of my right to carry, and they should be too.

r1dramma

If there are no visible guns at my funeral, I'm coming out of the casket and going to ask why!

Probably definitely depends on the how the deceased felt about guns and the family, in addition to matters of law, obviously.

I'm in the same boat.. Not wanting to go anytime soon, but I would be honored to have my friends open carry at my funeral. I'm proud of my right to carry, and they should be too.

Amen bothers!
Guns & Bikes @ mine when my ticket gets punched!!

r1dramma

Just wanted to say thanx for all the help brothers!