• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

homland security buying 450 million rounds of hollow point

quarter horseman

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/why...g-450-million-rounds-of-hollow-point-bullets/

Well being that we have 311 million people in the U.S. that would be aprox. 1.44 rounds per citizen

http://geography.about.com/od/obtainpopulationdata/a/uspopulation.htm

If you remove the people working in the gov. and millitary, that would leave about 3 rounds per U.S. citizen. Two to the chest one to the head, so I've heard that is how it goes.

oops should have posted on political alerts or general topics sorry.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Actually, they have a contract to buy up to 450 million over the next several years; doesn't mean they will purchase that many. Basically they locked a price in until their order reaches 450 million for the next several years.

ManInBlack

Actually, they have a contract to buy up to 450 million over the next several years; doesn't mean they will purchase that many. Basically they locked a price in until their order reaches 450 million for the next several years.

This.

I really wish that people would vet the crap they receive in their inboxes or see on whackjob websites before posting it on OCDO. Besides, the theory that this is some nefarious scheme to limit Americans' access to .40 caliber runs contrary to basic economic theory. If there is a greater demand for something, the price will go up, but the supply will also increase over time, as manufacturers increase their capacity (they make no money when they cannot fill orders from retailers).

Last edited:

Coltman151

Don't you think the

quarter horseman said:
that would leave about 3 rounds per U.S. citizen. Two to the chest one to the head, so I've heard that is how it goes.

is a little bit overthinking? You don't think the Gov't has bad guys to shoot at? Not to mention training. They don't buy ammunition as they need it, if they did they'd be running out constantly. Also, the DHS covers:

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Federal Emergency Management Agency
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Transportation Security Administration
United States Coast Guard
National Protection and Programs Directorate
United States Secret Service

and has 216,000 employees. That's 2083 rounds per employee. If an employee can carry 150 rounds of ammunition, They could get in 13 firefights where they used all 150 rounds. With the coast guard's fight against drugs, the border problems, and the secret service (I don't need to say much more) I don't think 450 million is much of a stretch.