• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion Stopped by Homeowner, Perp Killed

Bowesmobile

Its events like this that make me feel safer carrying. Those people had no idea that evening was going to involve any of the things that transpired. "But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into." Luke 12:39

Red Dawg

This is a hokey story. What the kid did, and what the emplyer said, and the girlfriend just don't add up. If he was looking in the french doors at the couple, how could he NOT know he was at the wrong house, and why would he beat on the lady. A lady didn't disrespect him...I read alot of BS...

noname762

This is a hokey story. What the kid did, and what the emplyer said, and the girlfriend just don't add up. If he was looking in the french doors at the couple, how could he NOT know he was at the wrong house, and why would he beat on the lady. A lady didn't disrespect him...I read alot of BS...

Aside from the inconsistancies of this story I want to make a point everyone here seems to have missed. FRENCH DOORS. I've NEVER had French doors but if I were to move into a house with French doors they would be changed out in a weeks time or less. French doors are notorious for being a weak point and an easy entry point for burglars, home invasions or out of control government thugs. Solid core steel doors should always be used for doors that go outside. Had the door been a normal exterior door the homeowner and his wife would have had time (most likely) to acquire his 38 before the perp gained entry. With the bad guy still outside and an armed resident inside telling him STAY OUT--WE HAVE A GUN--WE ARE DIALING 911 that poor shmuck might still be alive and the wife wouldn't have gotten banged up.

William Fisher

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the Boss doesn't want charged with allowing under age drinking on his property.

I read between the lines also. I think even if he was old enough to drink the boss could still be liable (at least with some jurys) for allowing him to (alledgedly) get that drunk, making him behave in a manner that led to the loss of his life.

zack991

Yet I have been called crazy to have my full size 1911 within inches of my hand and on my person 24/7.

jgregel

I always have my gun with me. And if I'm more than ten steps away from my gun I ALWAYS have my knife. Worst of all, who leaves their wife downstairs being beaten while they run upstairs for their gun? The fight starts immediately. Just about anything can be used as an improvised weapon.

I have some anti gun friends that believe that something like this could never happen to them. I'm sure this couple never expected to be in a fight for their live either. My brother is one of these "it will never happen to me" people. He tells me that I'm just paranoid. I even gave him a 12ga shotgun and a box of buckshot that he has never taken the time to learn how to use.

John

MyWifeSaidYes

...I have some anti gun friends that believe that something like this could never happen to them.

Email the link to the story to all your anti-gun friends. Don't add any comments with it. Post their replies here.

...My brother is one of these "it will never happen to me" people. He tells me that I'm just paranoid. I even gave him a 12ga shotgun and a box of buckshot that he has never taken the time to learn how to use.

Ask him to give it back. WAIT! Let him read that story first, THEN ask for it back.

MyWifeSaidYes

Intruder starts beating man's wife. Man tries to get intruder off of wife. Man is unsuccessful and goes upstairs to retrieve gun. Man comes back downstairs. Man tells intruder, a couple times, to get off his wife or be shot. Man shoots intruder to stop attack.

Should have read:

Intruder starts beating man's wife. Man draws gun and shoots intruder to stop attack.

How many times was the wife struck before the intruder was shot? Too many.

j4l

I always have my gun with me. And if I'm more than ten steps away from my gun I ALWAYS have my knife. Worst of all, who leaves their wife downstairs being beaten while they run upstairs for their gun? The fight starts immediately. Just about anything can be used as an improvised weapon.

I have some anti gun friends that believe that something like this could never happen to them. I'm sure this couple never expected to be in a fight for their live either. My brother is one of these "it will never happen to me" people. He tells me that I'm just paranoid. I even gave him a 12ga shotgun and a box of buckshot that he has never taken the time to learn how to use.

John

Indeed. I know entirely too many people who are of the "it will never happen" lot. The thing with these situations is that anything can happen, anytime, any place, and usually do when you would least expect it to. Let your guard down for just a moment, or leave the sidearm in another room-and that's exactly when Murphy will drop-in to pay a visit.
Mine rides on my hip 24/7 when at home, inside/outside, wherever. Comes off only for bed and bathing, and even then, is within arm's length at all times.

Last edited:

decklin

I remember having some friends over for dinner. They noticed that while cooking I was wearing my 1911. They could not understand why. They kept saying, "But your in your house! What is gonna happen in the house?"
I just looked at them and said, "Really?"
Apparently home invasion was a foreign concept to them.

Xulld

I remember having some friends over for dinner. They noticed that while cooking I was wearing my 1911. They could not understand why. They kept saying, "But your in your house! What is gonna happen in the house?"

Most human beings operate off of personal experience and nothing else. This is a huge mistake, and as anyone who has learned that preparation is a damn handy thing, we tend to agree they are being irrational.

LkWd_Don

Maybe they need to be shown articles such as this one, where a couple was held hostage while thier home was ransacked.
http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Tacoma-home-invasion-151106515.html

MKEgal

MyWifeSaidYes said:
Intruder starts beating man's wife. Man tries to get intruder off of wife. Man is unsuccessful and goes upstairs to retrieve gun. Man comes back downstairs. Man tells intruder, a couple times, to get off his wife or be shot. Man shoots intruder to stop attack.

Should have read:
Intruder starts beating man's wife. Man draws gun and shoots intruder to stop attack.
Better yet:
Intruder starts beating woman.
Man & woman both draw pistols & shoot intruder.
Intruder stops attack.

rushcreek2

TODAY - I pulled out of my driveway on the way to Walmart. About one block away from the house I realized that although I had my Desantis IWB holster on, w/ extra .40 cal mag, I had left my GL23 at the house.

For about 5 seconds I actually entertained the thought - "Oh, well - no big deal. Go ahead and go to the store without the gun. Then reality kicked in ... " OK - you have left the house 10,000 times with the Glock, and never needed it. BUT that is EXACTLY how tragedies occur- complacency- it hasn't happened yet - so it won't happen today. HOW DO YOU KNOW ?"

Needless to say - I returned to the house and armed myself. Yep - Nothing happened TODAY - either.

Nonetheless - it was a good exercise.

Last edited:

zack991

Call me cold but I do not care about the criminal’s life one iota at all. Any person that looks to steal, rape, or attempts to kills person and in turn dies because of their stupity, I won’t feel sorry for the loss of that person’s life. I will rejoice that the victim was able to defend themselves or their family and only the bad person was hurt or killed. I have been called cruel or cold because of this and I have said it once and I will say it again, you will not see me shed a tear for you or your family if your dumb butt does something as stupid as to steal, rape, or attempts to kill a person. However, the victim fights back and kills them instead.

Last edited: